website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #24 | Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sport are you most interested in during the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

• Alpine Skiing
    • Biathlon
    • Bobsleigh
    • Cross-Country Skiing
    • Curling
    • Figure Skating
    • Freestyle Skiing
    • Ice Hockey
    • Luge
    • Nordic Combined
    • Short Track Speed Skating
    • Skeleton
    • Ski Jumping
    • Snowboard
    • Speed Skating

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Well, Biathlon has moved to the leading position in this voting...

Ice hockey fans, where are you? ;-)

And I haven't even voted yet. Since there's only one choice it will be biathlon. Alpine skiing & ice hockey round out the podium.

I'm pretty sure I might not watch some freestyle skiing events much unless there's nothing else on. Half-pipe & slopestyle scoring systems are a complete mystery to me after all those years and I only know someone does bad when he/she falls down :p

Biathlon

Cross-country Skiing

Short-Track Speed Skating

Cross (Ski + Snowboard)

Skeleton 

Bobsleigh

Alpine Skiing 

Freestyle Skiing

Nordic Combined

Speed Skating

Ski Jumping

Alpine Snowboard

Luge

Curling

Freestyle Snowboard

Figure Skating

Ice Hockey

I never watch the Winter Olympics, but I'll force myself to follow the snowboard competition, or at least keep up with the results. And this might be a surprise for some people, since my favorite sports are artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, but I strongly dislike figure skating.

I'll watch some of it live some after the games end. 

The one's I'll watch now 

Biathlon

Snowboarding ( PGS, Cross) 

Short Track 

Skeleton 

Bobsleigh 

Luge

Moguls 

Aerials

Alpine Skiing 

Cross Country Skiing Sprint Ind and Team, women's mass start 30km

I'll watch others maybe later on. But Figure Skating isn't something on my list even for future, pretty long and boring. Ice Hockey is another sport which I can't watch too much maybe 1 full match in 1 month that's it. Big Air, Ski Jumping all can be left out without any thoughts. 

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I never watch the Winter Olympics, but I'll force myself to follow the snowboard competition, or at least keep up with the results. And this might be a surprise for some people, since my favorite sports are artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, but I strongly dislike figure skating.

I'd say aerials or freestyle big air should be sports for you :p

This was so tough to answer.  If NHLers were here I'd say hockey just because it's always fun to see the best in the world compete against each other.  I'm still going to watch every game - men's and women's- but it's not as special.  

I love short track, have since it first arrived on the programme.  The new mixed relay will be very entertaining.  Same with freestyle and snowboard, always so much fun to watch (especially cross).  

But I ended up saying curling because while I was always a casual fan who would watch the playoffs of major events, I have recently become irrationally addicted to it.  I have been watching everything I can find from the past 20 years the last 2 or 3 months.  I cannot wait until Wednesday when the competition starts (even though I have a thing to go it, it'll be playing on my phone for sure).  

22 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I'd say aerials or freestyle big air should be sports for you :p

Oh, these sports are "boring" to me be because they are basically one single trick and nothing else. Of course, the skill they perform is difficult, but it doesn't quite look spectacular to me given that some artistic gymnasts can perform three somersaults and two twists after a few steps on floor. :d And that's just one out of 4+ tumbling passes in one apparatus.