website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #10 | Which country will get more medals in total in Beijing 2022? Canada or United States?

Which country will get more medals in total in Beijing 2022? CAN vs USA  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will get more medals in total in Beijing 2022? CAN vs USA

• Canada
    • USA
    • They will get the same number of medals

Aha! I knew this was going to be one of the poll questions. I'm biased so I voted for Canada. Even though I think the US will win more gold, I still think Canada will win slightly more total medals. The freestyle skiing and snowboarding events will be a key factor to determining who gets more.

And as always - when Canada is involved in sports, my favourite sports arcticle of all time comes to my mind. Enjoy, if some of you haven't read it yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jul/27/canada-summer-olympics-lack-of-medals-reasons

Canada may not even be in the top 3 in terms of number of medals or gold medals ...

Canada has regressed in many sports such as sliding sports and figure skating, even in freestyle skiing .... the only sport where Canada has progressed is long track speed skating.

Canada has greatly progressed in summer sports but in winter sports it has regressed... for the first time since 1998, Canada risks to have less medal in the winter games than in the previous summer games