website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

not sure about the men, though...personally, I don't remember any Canadian man on the podium in any of the 3 disciplines...

I got a deep cut for you: Igor Tikhomirov, bronze medallist at the 1988 Olympics in the épée team event, won a world championship bronze medal for Canada in individual épée back in 2006.

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Gkountoura is currently ranked 12th, so now how much will she go up after this result?

She will get 26 points, that provisionally bring her to 10th. @phelps said 32 points, but I think these are for the winner. Yoon will also get some points for her result, which will probably be enough to keep Gkountoura behind her. Conclusion is, Gkountoura will be ranked 11th. It will be confirmed soon, anyway.  

47 minutes ago, maestro said:

She will get 26 points, that provisionally bring her to 10th. @phelps said 32 points, but I think these are for the winner. Yoon will also get some points for her result, which will probably be enough to keep Gkountoura behind her. Conclusion is, Gkountoura will be ranked 11th. It will be confirmed soon, anyway.  

Thank you. I remember after Orleans, Greek sports sites were reporting what rankings Gkountoura and Georgiadou would move up to, but I didn't see anything this time around.

Is there a way to check old rankings? I am curious as to what Gkountoura's best ranking was. I think she was in the top 10 at some point, maybe she was 8th or 9th? It looks like the FIE site only shows your ranking at the end of the year.

Also, what about Vougiouka? She was 4th or 5th I believe? At Gkountoura's age I think she has a chance to become the highest ranked Greek fencer ever.

11 hours ago, maestro said:

yes, you're right...:yes

my mistake...:facepalm: :spank:

11 hours ago, NearPup said:

I got a deep cut for you: Igor Tikhomirov, bronze medallist at the 1988 Olympics in the épée team event, won a world championship bronze medal for Canada in individual épée back in 2006.

completely forgot about that, despite the event being held in Torino (the same hall that hosted speedskating at the Winter Olympics a few months before)...:yikes:

10 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Thank you. I remember after Orleans, Greek sports sites were reporting what rankings Gkountoura and Georgiadou would move up to, but I didn't see anything this time around.

Is there a way to check old rankings? I am curious as to what Gkountoura's best ranking was. I think she was in the top 10 at some point, maybe she was 8th or 9th? It looks like the FIE site only shows your ranking at the end of the year.

Also, what about Vougiouka? She was 4th or 5th I believe? At Gkountoura's age I think she has a chance to become the highest ranked Greek fencer ever.

her best results at the end of the year were:

5th in 2011/12
6th in 2012/13

4th in 2013/14

2021/2022 Fencing World Cup

Men's Team Sabre (:GEO Tbilisi)

Gold: :KOR South Korea

Silver: :GER Germany

Bronze: :RUS Russia

Semifinals

South Korea b. Russia 45-44

Germany b. Italy 45-43

Bronze Medal Match

Russia b. Italy 45-40

Gold Medal Match

South Korea b. Germany 45-38

Full Ranking & Results

https://www.engarde-service.com/index.php?Organisme=hunfencing&Event=2022_01_14-17_tbiliszi&Compe=sms-eq&Page=clasfinal.htm

Women's Team Sabre (:GEO Tbilisi)

Gold: :FRA France

Silver: :KOR South Korea

Semifinals

South Korea b. Russia 45-39

France b. Spain 45-34

Bronze Medal Match

Russia b. Spain 45-43

Gold Medal Match

France b. South Korea 45-35

Full Ranking & Results*

https://www.engarde-service.com/?Organisme=hunfencing&Event=2022_01_14-17_tbiliszi&Compe=sws-eq&lang=fr&large=E

*the score of the Gold Medal match in the official results service is wrong, we have the correct one (thanks to @maestro)

15 hours ago, phelps said:

Women's Team Sabre (:GEO Tbilisi)

Gold: :KOR South Korea

Silver: :FRA France

Semifinals

South Korea b. Russia 45-39

France b. Spain 45-34

Bronze Medal Match

Russia b. Spain 45-43

Gold Medal Match

South Korea b. France 45-44

Full Ranking & Results

https://www.engarde-service.com/?Organisme=hunfencing&Event=2022_01_14-17_tbiliszi&Compe=sws-eq&lang=fr&large=E

This very weird. I'm quite sure France beat South Korea, 45-35 in the final. I checked the results page, all results seem correct, except this.

Here is the video for evidence. I have timestamped it to play at France's winning point and if you go towards the end, you can watch the award ceremony, with France on top.