website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #1 | Which country will get more medals in total in Beijing 2022?

ROAD TO BEIJING 2022 - POLL #1  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will get more medals in total in Beijing 2022?

• France
    • Sweden
    • Both countries will get the same number of medals

In my forecast I made during December, I had Sweden winning 22 medals (10 gold) and France winning 19 medals (7 gold). Sweden's strong sports are in biathlon, cross-country skiing, curling while France's strong sports are alpine skiing, biathlon, and freestyle skiing. So it seems like if France wants to win more medals tham Sweden, they'll have to win a ton of biathlon medals while preventing Sweden from winning medals.

35 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

In my forecast I made during December, I had Sweden winning 22 medals (10 gold) and France winning 19 medals (7 gold). Sweden's strong sports are in biathlon, cross-country skiing, curling while France's strong sports are alpine skiing, biathlon, and freestyle skiing. So it seems like if France wants to win more medals tham Sweden, they'll have to win a ton of biathlon medals while preventing Sweden from winning medals.

+ Sweden can medal in M hockey and Freestyle Skiing, France behind quite a lot of almost secured medals in Alpine Skiing, Biathlon and Freestyle Skiing, can win max 2-3 medals in Cross-Country and maybe a medal in Ice Dance

SWE Cross-Country and Biathlon medals should at the end prevail in the Total amount

Biathlon will be the key sport. First of all because both France and Sweden can win a huge amount of medals in it, then because it's probably the most unpredictable and open to surprises sport of the Games. France could get 10 medals in biathlon, but could also get 3, same applies for Sweden. France have higher chances though, since our team is stronger overall. Pretty much every French biathlete can win a medal individually, not the case for the Swedes.

9 minutes ago, hckošice said:

+ Sweden can medal in M hockey and Freestyle Skiing, France behind quite a lot of almost secured medals in Alpine Skiing, Biathlon and Freestyle Skiing, can win max 2-3 medals in Cross-Country and maybe a medal in Ice Dance

Ice Dance is not a maybe, that's a probably. Probably gold by the way. 3 in Cross-country would be a maximisation of the chances, manageable but still hard to attain. Snowboard-cross is also a great supplier (between 1 and 3).

5 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Biathlon will be the key sport. First of all because both France and Sweden can win a huge amount of medals in it, then because it's probably the most unpredictable and open to surprises sport of the Games. France could get 10 medals in biathlon, but could also get 3, same applies for Sweden. France have higher chances though, since our team is stronger overall. Pretty much every French biathlete can win a medal individually, not the case for the Swedes.

Ice Dance is not a maybe, that's a probably. Probably gold by the way. 3 in Cross-country would be a maximisation of the chances, manageable but still hard to attain. Snowboard-cross is also a great supplier (between 1 and 3).

Yes, right I totally forgot about Snowboard Cross, that is at least 2 strong medals chances, W and Mixed.

Ice Dance should be a lock for sure, just did not want to jinx them and avoid any eventual troubles like for example the upper part costume failure of Gabriela :p

Overall it should be as I said pretty even battle between the 2 nations, SWE forecast probably more medals but obviously it can end also the other way.