website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I'm glad that he is playing but the "medical exemption" is BS and we all know it. I think it is unfair for players to miss out on the Australian Open due to not getting the vaccine, but I think it is even more unfair to allow some unvaccinated players but not others...

It will be interesting to see if the other slams also require it and/or what their countries decide.

Like, they should require vaccination or they shouldn’t. I don’t care that much either way. What is unacceptable is letting one crybully be exempt from the rule because he’s a big name.

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

How many unvaccinated players got that exception ? Nole was the only one ?

Apparently, there were around 20 applied, and only "handful" were given it, among them Novak.

Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley has revealed that tennis players and staff made 26 medical exemption applications but only “a handful” were granted.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/australian-open/djokovic-one-of-only-a-handful-approved-as-number-of-aus-open-exemption-bids-revealed/news-story/45d6189851cef0ea19d8ffd829595ba8

Breaking news! Novak Djokovic detained at Melbourne airport for trying to smuggle exotic birds. Officials say they have also found in his luggage artefacts from 2nd century Mesopotamia. The Government is standing firm, that they will do everything possible, so he doesn't enter the country, as to save the koala bears! God save the Queen.

Spoiler

No, i have not been drinking :d

59 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Oh, if Tennys thinks Australian can't host a grand slam because Australian customs and border security are prone to unreasonably and arbitrarily denying entry to people, sometimes even for political reasons, then we may want to talk about cancelling the US Open too xD

I like to joke that I became an American citizen to limit my interactions with DHS. It's only really half a joke.