website statistics

Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2022?

Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2022?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nation will Win the Medal Count at the Winter Olympic Games 2022?

• Austria
    • Canada
    • Germany
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Russia
    • Sweden
    • United States
    • Other (specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2022 at 09:59 PM

Norway might be the big favourite, but I think this time it's not so obvious as it was in the recent past...

I think there are at least 3/4 Nations (Germany, Sweden, USA...even Canada and China are not to be excluded "a priori") that could challenge the Norwegians with true chances to make better than them...

by the way, I still take the "easy" route and I say Norway...

In terms of total medals, Norway is the big favourite and it's hard to see them not winning the most medals. By golds, Norway is still the favourite, but maybe their biathlon or cross-country skiing team have a horrible games and miss out in a bunch of gold medals which could allow Germany or Russia to finish atop the medal count.

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

It would be a big upset if Norway doesn't win the medal table, and an even bigger upset if it isn't Norway or Germany.

With the exception of sliding sports and maybe Karl Geiger and the Nordic Combined relay, there a no clear Gold medal chances for Germany.

On 12/27/2021 at 5:44 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

In terms of total medals, Norway is the big favourite and it's hard to see them not winning the most medals. By golds, Norway is still the favourite, but maybe their biathlon or cross-country skiing team have a horrible games and miss out in a bunch of gold medals which could allow Germany or Russia to finish atop the medal count.

medals table is sorted by number of golds not by total medals

On 12/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, phelps said:

I think there are at least 3/4 Nations (Germany, Sweden, USA...even Canada and China are not to be excluded "a priori") that could challenge the Norwegians with true chances to make better than them...

Does China have that many gold medal chances?

On 12/29/2021 at 6:27 AM, vinipereira said:

Does China have that many gold medal chances?

yeah, theoretically they have quite a good number of gold medal chances...

if they're going to take advantage of all/most of them, well, that's another story...

imho, they have true gold medal chances in men's skeleton; men's 500m, 1000m and 1500m in speedskating; men's 1000m, 1500m and all 3 relays in short track (and you can't really count them off in any other race in that sport); artistic pairs in figure skating; all 3 aerials events in freestyle skiing; women's half pipe in snowboarding...

I'd be really surprised if they're going to miss more than 25% of all these chances...