website statistics

Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

From the creators of World Taekwondo, and makers of World Athletics and World Archery comes this winter’s newest hit, World Aquatics :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

54 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

From the creators of World Taekwondo, and makers of World Athletics and World Archery comes this winter’s newest hit, World Aquatics :p

Do Americans also refer to WhatsApp as WA in daily conversations? Because if they do, I already have a joke about “an Olympic enthusiast living in WA using WA to talk about WA and WA” :lol: 

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Do Americans also refer to WhatsApp as WA in daily conversations? Because if they do, I already have a joke about “an Olympic enthusiast living in WA using WA to talk about WA and WA” :lol: 

I don't know, WA is a good federation, but personally I prefer WA over WA, although WA is not a bad one neither.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Always good to see one less :FRA abbreviation in the world.  :beer:

Sure, that's good, but at least make the abbreviation less...you know, the same as others :d 

World Aquatics Federation would be better.

Spoiler

And World Athletics Federation. And World Archery Federation!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sure, that's good, but at least make the abbreviation less...you know, the same as others :d 

World Aquatics Federation would be better.

Hide contents

And World Athletics Federation. And World Archery Federation!

I agree. I think all Olympic sports federations abbreviations should be unique, just like the IOC country codes. This way referring to "WAF World Championships" you would immediately understand if it's Archery or Athletics, because the other one would be, for example, "WAA World Championships".

Edited by Sindo