website statistics

Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

So after Commonwealth Games the big question moving forward is which events will Summer McIntosh focus on for Paris? The 400 IM, 200 FL and 400 FR are locks. The 200 IM also fits the schedule quite well. Then the 200 FR conflicts with the 400 IM, but she could be a top3 contender in that one by Paris. And you could even make a case for the 800 FR against the 200 IM (not likely, though). Plus relays!

Crazy talent, from a versatility point the biggest since Phelps probably.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, EselTheDonkey said:

Florian Wellbrock had Corona, and it's unclear, if he can participate at the European Championships.

both he and Martens will be in Rome...

it remains to be seen what kind of shape they are in right now...:mumble:

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

Those are the same exact times that for this year, right? I think we had only one swimmer with an A mark in Budapest, maybe we can add another one in 2023 :p

I'm waiting for the entries of the World Junior Championships. With no Russia, and USA, Australia and more focusing on Junior Pan Pacs maybe we can do something there.

2 hours ago, NMQ said:

Those are the same exact times that for this year, right? I think we had only one swimmer with an A mark in Budapest, maybe we can add another one in 2023 :p

I'm waiting for the entries of the World Junior Championships. With no Russia, and USA, Australia and more focusing on Junior Pan Pacs maybe we can do something there.

Canada and I think also Japan are going to JPPs.

• 3 weeks later...