website statistics

Sport Climbing 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

probably for the first time in 43 years, an Iranian girl still "representing Iran" in a serious international competition competed without mandatory Hejab in an international competition

she finished 4th in high level Asian Championship in Seoul (in Combined event)

that was a bold move, I think one way or another we lost her for good. had a realistic chance to qualify for the Olympics. well, I wish her best of luck in whatever path she is taking

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

So, she's not gone missing after all?

she's never gone missing...too much publicity on her case to make her disappear like any non-famous girl.

but she's in a lot of troubles for sure.

I doubt she's gonna have the chance to compete on the international scene anymore.

I also read that her brother has been jailed, too...but I'm not so sure it's true. :mumble:

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

she's never gone missing...too much publicity on her case to make her disappear like any non-famous girl.

but she's in a lot of troubles for sure.

I doubt she's gonna have the chance to compete on the international scene anymore.

I also read that her brother has been jailed, too...but I'm not so sure it's true. :mumble:

Yeah, I also think she won't compete internationally after this one. Well, the Iranian society made their move in 1979 and they're still paying the bills for it.

This is amazing how some famous international news websites publish things based on random internet rumors. you always can count on their fumbness and fed those "famous" websites with lies

just because someone doesn't answer some of million messages she is receiving that doesn't mean she is gone missing. from what I heard she always had contacts with her family and her closest friends , but not with all 8 billion people in the world. and her brother (who is also her coach and also a former Asian Champs medalist) was standing right next to her at the airport. she was always planned to come back home on Wednesday, nobody changed the plan. and in South Korea nobody can force you to board a plane if you don't want to.

what she did was brave. I will respect her forever because of that. and the fact that at 3 am in a weekday lots of people went to the airport just shows how much people are interested in her story. (I mean the real story, not that stupid kidnapping James Bond story created by media)

yes obviously now she claims that was just an accident (which is hard to believe but completely understandable) but she made her point. personally I thought she doesn't want to come back but that was never her plan.

this is a lose-lose situation for the regime. if they don't punish her, some other athletes may do the same, and if they do, that will be even worse.it seems they want/prefer to buy her excuse (those words were most probably put in her mouth by themselves) so at least for now it seems she will be fine and won't lose her place in the national team.

Edited by MHSN