website statistics

Judo 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

The greatest Judoka ever, the symbol of freedom, sportsmanship and blah blah is going to represent Azerbaijan from now on

https://www.ijf.org/judoka/68901

he said at the end of "his 3 years contract with Mongolia" he now signed another 3 years contract with Azerbaijan. :d  this is still amazing how come he sold his Hollywood style fake story to the world.

how many athletes represented 3 completely unrelated countries ( I mean not Soviet or Yugoslavian breakups kind of things) at the Olympics ? he is a rare type.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

The greatest Judoka ever, the symbol of freedom, sportsmanship and blah blah is going to represent Azerbaijan from now on

he said at the end of "his 3 years contract with Mongolia" he now signed another 3 years contract with Azerbaijan. :d  this is still amazing how come he sold his Hollywood style fake story to the world.

how many athletes represented 3 completely unrelated countries ( I mean not Soviet or Yugoslavian breakups kind of things) at the Olympics ? he is a rare type.

Independent of his story (which I cannot judge) this is a joke. No one should be allowed to represent 3 countries in any sports unless follow up states. 

this whole switching of nationality is becoming ridiculous, especially in wrestling, weightlifting and judo. It should be possible to switch but it should be connected with some clear rules, like living for at least few years in that country and doing a break of at least two years from int. Championship. I am afraid soon we will have 10-15 Russians in each wrestling category competing at the WCH

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I am afraid soon we will have 10-15 Russians in each wrestling category competing at the WCH

Don't we already have that? :p 

When taking a look at the wrestling for the previous Olympics, it seemed like half the countries had a name that could impossibly be more....'Dagestan-area-y' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

This was way funnier when he represented :MGL.