website statistics

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2:01.09 :bowdown::bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Chepngetich starting a tad fast in Chicago.

02ZZ9FP.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know, if people are aware, but i just read this sad news. :(

Former pole vault star Tim Lobinger has been battling leukemia for a few years and has admitted, that there isn't a way back from this and the end is near. :cry:

Names come and go, but i still remember watching him 15-20 years ago. When i first started watching athletics he was one of the most recognizable faces for me. He also started and led Germany's best period ever in the pole vault alongside Bjorn Otto, Danny Ecker, Holzdeppe, Malte Mohr afterwards. A vacuum, that has been severely missed the past years.

Tim Lobinger talks about his incurable cancer

:CHN Guangzhou World Relays in 2023 have been cancelled (surprise😅😅) This also means the criteria for qualifying for WCH 2023 have changed. Newly, best 8 relays from Eugene automatically qualify to Budapest and remaining 8 according to world ranking. 

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

:CHN Guangzhou World Relays in 2023 have been cancelled (surprise😅😅) This also means the criteria for qualifying for WCH 2023 have changed. Newly, best 8 relays from Eugene automatically qualify to Budapest and remaining 8 according to world ranking. 

And this will be the official welcoming song.

They should just scratch World Relays for good then if nobody is up to for hosting it except China.

Hilarious thing to say that China is up for hosting anything these days, but here we are. I will not even attempt to understand the inner mechanism of Winnie.

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Thats unfair, the event could be moved somwhere else, to Chorzów for example :p

With this new qualification criteria no relay from Poland isnt actually qualified :yikes: