website statistics

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PHI2019 said:

It’s sad to see this happen to him. Makes me wish he’d switch allegiance to another country and be more successful there. 

Problem is country-swapping rules are much stricter now & he may lose out in opportunities by swapping since the original nation can effectively block him for several years, including probably Paris.

Papachristou might be done. Her coach said that she took a break after the Olympics to think about her future and hasn't trained since and hasn't even let him know what her plans are.

I wish she would at least compete at the 2022 European Championships as she is the defending champion in the triple jump. She would be 35 in Paris 2024 but already has a child and perhaps wants more children. She also missed the 2012 Olympics and didn't have any good valid jumps in Tokyo so I thought she'd want another Olympic chance since Rio was her only decent Olympic showing. We'll see though, maybe she'll be back in the outdoor season but it looks like she won't be in Belgrade. 

On 1/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, Makedonas said:

Papachristou might be done. Her coach said that she took a break after the Olympics to think about her future and hasn't trained since and hasn't even let him know what her plans are.

I wish she would at least compete at the 2022 European Championships as she is the defending champion in the triple jump. She would be 35 in Paris 2024 but already has a child and perhaps wants more children. She also missed the 2012 Olympics and didn't have any good valid jumps in Tokyo so I thought she'd want another Olympic chance since Rio was her only decent Olympic showing. We'll see though, maybe she'll be back in the outdoor season but it looks like she won't be in Belgrade. 

The new rumour is that she might take part in Survivor which has a big financial reward...in that case we will probably not see her defend her European title, and maybe never see her compete again...

She has not posted anything on Instagram in a very long time also. She has really disappeared, and it's crazy that she hasn't even talked to her coach since Tokyo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, Jan Linha said:

Just discovered link of Road to Oregon. I think it's the first time in the history when Olympic results account for following WCH ....

https://worldathletics.org/stats-zone/road-to/7137279?eventId=10229630

It's very positive that WA makes a tool so you can follow the qualification process. Before they published this tool, I had made an excel sheet with all the qualified athletes/quotas. I can now check if my sheet is correct.