website statistics

Darts PDC World Championship 2022

Totallympics

Clayton vs Smith is definitely making up for some of the bad matches of earlier today :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Smith takes it, what a fantastic match! It had everything from superb scoring to awesome finishes to tension until the last dart :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Michael Smith wins! He escaped with D6 earlier when Clayton had match D12 set up.

And Clayton made a huge counting mistake in the last leg....he was at 221, hit a single 20 and 19 and so had 182 left, but then went for the 20 again and left 162 since he didn't hit the treble....going for T18 would have at least left a finish if he had hit the single...

25 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I have to admit I can't count as fast especially when it comes to setting-up check-outs. At 182 he should have aimed for a triple odd-number or anything but a triple 20? (since the miss at single left him a non-checkout score)?

Could have gone for T12, where a single (12) would have still given him 170. Or T15, where a single 15 would have still left 167. Or T18, where a single would have left 164. Or single bull to leave 157, but that's of course much harder than hitting anything within the 12, 15 or 18 (preferably a treble, but a single in one of those three would have at least left a finish) :p 

No way I can count fast enough to do that :d But a professional player really should have all of these routes firmly in their mind. Of course, huge pressure and all, so he can be forgiven, but it's a mistake nonetheless.

Let's go Kleermaker :woohoo: 

It's not entirely my own little town of Nunspeet, but it's our even smaller neighbour town :cheer: 

Oh man, i wanted Clayton to win.. :nopompom: Of course Gary is still my guy, but he is now in his bumbling old guy phase, so him winning was always out of the question. With all the weird things going around i wouldn't be surprised if we get a random Wade win after his 20 year fails. 

Well that was not much of a close fight :lol: