website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:SVK Qualified :cheer:

well, for once we had somewhere luck in the groups draw :p

While our Men will very likely not qualify anywhere before AD 2834 our Women team will play the EURO for the 13th time since the independence (Once even played at the Olympics - Sydney 2000)  :yes

Edited by hckošice

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult group for sure, but good news we are going to play at home in Ljubljana... :p

-1e-6h9sHkOgTOddjnH9HA.png?v=20230308174

Group A: Spain; Greece; Montenegro; Latvia
Group B: Belgium; Italy; Czech Republic; Israel
Group C: France; Slovenia; Great Britain; Germany
Group D: Serbia; Turkey; Slovakia; Hungary

Tel Aviv will host teams drawn to Group A and Group B, while Group C and Group D will be based in Ljubljana.

Very tough draw for us, Latvia is by far the best team from Pot 4 so we are really unlucky to draw them. Montenegro are also quite strong, although their recent results were surprisingly poor.

It will not be easy, but if we make it out of the group then I think we have a very good chance at QF. With Tsineke, Krimili and Bosgana in the team, we will be so much stronger than we were in the qualifying.

15 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

My pronostic 5 teams europe qualified at olympic games 2024 :

:BEL :ESP :SRB :GRE  (:GER or :TUR)

Am interested why you think Germany are going to perform so strongly? From a ranking perspective they should struggle to get out of the group stages.

4 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Am interested why you think Germany are going to perform so strongly? From a ranking perspective they should struggle to get out of the group stages.

I hesitate between latvia, germany and turkey.. germany is gaining momentum among men so why not among women.

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I hesitate between latvia, germany and turkey.. germany is gaining momentum among men so why not among women.

It's the first time in 12 years that German women managed to qualify for EuroBasket. While it's nice to see progress, a qualification for the OQT would be a HUGE upset. Moreover, our best player, WNBA star Satou Sabally, already said she'll be off for the EuroBasket in order to focus on WBNA season. So, thanks for your believe in the German team, but honestly a qualification for OQT is unlikely (not to be speak about actual qualification for Olympics). ;-)