website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

52 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

We will be unfortunately 9th or 13th. Actually 10th would be ideal, lucky Slovenia 

10th can be very lucky, but it's also very risky. There are a number of ways this can go wrong for the 10th placed team. Like Egypt winning the World Championships or playing the final against France. Or a team taking the European quota that isn't among the OQT nations. Or Egypt having a terrible day at the African qualification tournament and losing the African quota against Cape Verde. I know that these aren't the most likely outcomes, but you can never know how this will go. 

Edited by Vektor

Why are you all talking like the OQT draw is done? I know there always was a serpentine system distribution for the teams that take a place there through WCh but what about the rest? If it's done where I can see it? There is nothing on Wikipedia.

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Why are you all talking like the OQT draw is done? I know there always was a serpentine system distribution for the teams that take a place there through WCh but what about the rest? If it's done where I can see it? There is nothing on Wikipedia.

1st and 6th WCH teams (I mean among non-qualified teams) will get Asia 2nd and America 2nd which is a very easy group for those 2 European teams, at least comparing to other 2 groups with 1 more European team

Edited by MHSN

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

1st and 6th WCH teams (I mean among non-qualified teams) will get Asia 2nd and America 2nd which is a very easy group for those 2 European teams, at least comparing to other 2 groups with 1 more European team

That was the same draw of the previous cycle with Korea and Chile.  

Do they just re-use the same always? When was this confirmed?

Edited by LDOG

32 minutes ago, Vektor said:

10th can be very lucky, but it's also very risky. There are a number of ways this can go wrong for the 10th placed team. Like Egypt winning the World Championships or playing the final against France. Or a team taking the European quota that isn't among the OQT nations. Or Egypt having a terrible day at the African qualification tournament and losing the African quota against Cape Verde. I know that these aren't the most likely outcomes, but you can never know how this will go. 

Do you really believe Iceland, Serbia or Netherlands can take a medal at ECH? Or Egypt not winning Africa champs considering they are hosting it? Most likely is really Egypt winning here but not really realistic.