website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This thread is really 18 pages of users hating on their own countries’ teams and getting into petty disputes. It’s so on-brand it hurts :p

Hey, a positive!: For the first time I've heard somebody shout USA in a handball arena! :p

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This thread is really 18 pages of users hating on their own countries’ teams and getting into petty disputes. It’s so on-brand it hurts :p

you definitely got a point :d actually this's somehow ordinary in handball where many teams can defeat each other and we have a lot of close and tense matches with some referees'  mistakes so it happens 

Not much suspense left for the final round and almost everything has been very predictable so far.

:FRA  :ESP  :SWE  :GER  :NOR  :EGY already qualified as it was expected since the start of the tournament.

:DEN will very likely join them unless a miracle happens. 

So the only question left is this: :HUN or :POR. But that will be decided by a Swedish team who have nothing to lose or gain from that match. The Swedish coach already declared that he will rest his players against Portugal. So yeah. The only reason I think we still have a chance is because Sweden is at home, so they might still try to win that match, even if some key players will rest.

Anyway, this has been a very boring World Championships so far for the most part, the real event won't start until the QFs. 

As far as I can tell the teams most likely to finish 9th and 10th are :CRO and :SLO right? 

That way is the how the OQT spots will likely go...

:FRA - host

:EGY - should be a direct qualifier from Africa

:ESP  :SWE  :GER  :NOR  :DEN  (:HUN  or :POR) - one of them gets the WCh quota, another of them wins the ECh quota next year, rest go to QQT

:CRO  :SLO  - last two OQT spots goes to them if four Top8 teams directly qualify to the Games

Now watch Egypt "mess this up" by stealing the WCh quota from Europe. :d In that case two African teams would directly qualify to the Games, probably Egypt and Cape Verde.

Edited by Vektor

40 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Not much suspense left for the final round and almost everything has been very predictable so far.

:FRA  :ESP  :SWE  :GER  :NOR  :EGY already qualified as it was expected since the start of the tournament.

:DEN will very likely join them unless a miracle happens. 

So the only question left is this: :HUN or :POR. But that will be decided by a Swedish team who have nothing to lose or gain from that match. The Swedish coach already declared that he will rest his players against Portugal. So yeah. The only reason I think we still have a chance is because Sweden is at home, so they might still try to win that match, even if some key players will rest.

Anyway, this has been a very boring World Championships so far for the most part, the real event won't start until the QFs. 

I agree , the last time we saw a lot more competitiveness and big matches , Russia defeated Slovenia , then Slovenia tied with Sweden and Belarus tied with Sweden , Egypt vs Slovenia , Croatia vs Argentina and Qatar vs Argentina , Egypt vs Sweden , Brazil vs Spain , Tunisia vs Brazil , Portugal vs Norway last edition was much more interesting 

Edited by thepharoah