website statistics

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Fair enough. Would just say that quite a lot of experts have Sweden among the main contenders, at least in front of Spain and close to or above France as the main challenger to Denmark (have you seen what a beast Jim Gottfridsson have been lately?). Egypt shouldn't be underestimated but at least Sweden are in front of them by quite a bit. Norway as well if they manage to pull things together.

Gottfridsson is a beast i'm a big fan, and may be i'm wrong or a little bit bias :d ,but i still think the depth of the Egyptian squad will be too much.

32 minutes ago, Belle said:

Sweden at home would be an upset if they win against Egypt? :yikes:

Like seriously this must be the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. :facepalm:

Handball is not like football where fans can make a real difference,and i was talking in general regardless of the WC, but u know what ? if everything goes as expected Egypt should meet Sweden in QF, lets see how much Sweden improved since the Olympics. :yes 

1 minute ago, soliwolf said:

Gottfridsson is a beast i'm a big fan, and may be i'm wrong or a little bit bias :d ,but i still think the depth of the Egyptian squad will be too much.

Handball is not like football where fans can make a real difference,and i was talking in general regardless of the WC, but u know what ? if everything goes as expected Egypt should meet Sweden in QF, lets see how much Sweden improved since the Olympics. :yes 

Actually Sweden is the reigning European champion ahead of example Denmark, France and Spain. 

We also took silver in WC 2021 in your Egypt. What exactly has Egypt done lately to say it’s an upset if Sweden beat them? 

Believe me Egypt can win against Sweden. But don’t be arrogant to say it’s an UPSET if Sweden wins. 

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Actually Sweden is the reigning European champion ahead of example Denmark, France and Spain. 

We also took silver in WC 2021 in your Egypt. What exactly has Egypt done lately to say it’s an upset if Sweden beat them? 

Believe me Egypt can win against Sweden. But don’t be arrogant to say it’s an UPSET if Sweden wins. 

Believe me nothing against Sweden, i was just giving my opinion based on my own observation and i've already said i might be wrong.

but i'm sorry if my comments seemed arrogant 

take it easy and lets enjoy the tournament 

Oh, Egyptian guys really enjoyed this win here. Very passionate about this sport.

They spent half of the evening talking about Mayar Sharif though and they keep saying she’s hot. 👍😉

Edited by rafalgorka

And today the most important game for Team Poland against Slovenia.

My Mom goes to Spodek to watch the game. She is a huge fan! She should bring luck to the team.

And on Sunday my daughter goes with her colleagues to watch Germany vs Serbia game.

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

And today the most important game for Team Poland against Slovenia.

My Mom goes to Spodek to watch the game. She is a huge fan! She should bring luck to the team.

And on Sunday my daughter goes with her colleagues to watch Germany vs Serbia game.

Our team is poor. We didn't even qualify to this tournament, we are only here because of the wild card. We won against :KSA which was expected. But if we win against Poland and France it will be a huge surprise. We've fallen quite low since 2017 when we won the bronze medal. 

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Oh, Egyptian guys really enjoyed this win here. Very passionate about this sport.

They spent half of the evening talking about Mayar Sharif though and they keep saying she’s hot. 👍😉

Well I'm really surprised that they consider Mayar Sherif hot :d Handball is very popular here in Egypt not ofc as football,  but especially in WCHs many people follow NT just because they win :d 

I've never put very high expectations for our Handball team , as they always choke when it really matters , but this generation is built different they always have the desire for more and don't fear against Big teams , for me the Mental side plays a vital role with Egyptian players so when u face Sweden in quarters and u have defeated them in last 2 OG , so this really helps to believe that u can win the match unlike when u play Denmark , France or Spain where u always lose , for me if this match happens in quarterfinals Sweden should be the more favorite side , they have their fans whom play a big role ofc in handball at least on refereeing side , we didn't have our fans back in 2021 which i guess could have been much more helpful for us against Sweden and Denmark back then , we're missing Yahia Khaled who can score 10 goals in these kind of matches , who defend very well , Mohsin ramadan is such a good player but he doesn't have the experience of playing against world class GKs like Palicka so it's definitely much different story and u can't guarantee if Ali Zein for example move to left back that he will have the same effect when he plays on right , we have a very obvious problem with defending especially from center so whenever u will face a team with world class Pivot , this problem will really occur , finally our GK Karim Hendawy isn't always trustable , he can be a world class one like yesterday or like when we face Sweden or Gwermany in Olympics and he can be a very average one , so u can just pray that this will be his day and this's our main problem goalkeepers