website statistics

Winter Paralympic Games 2022

Olympian1010

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oksana Masters said something like "not one of them is classified" or something right after the finish? Maybe I heard wrong :p 

For what it’s worth, I thought she said, “not when they’re misclassified and cheated.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if some athletes are misclassified, but unfortunately there's nothing to be done right now. Although I follow the Paralympics Games more than the usual sports fans, some things are really disheartening and make me question the fairness of this event.

:CAN V :KOR 

:CHN:USA

Para ice hockey semis... 

I watched a couple of games from world champs 21' and 18'Paralympics last year and I liked it. 

Watching the sport closely, I must say I absolutely love it. It's the best sport in the games, one of the top 3 team sports in Summer/Winter Para Games. Lots of variety, including those flicks/scoop , sledge movement, using both sticks to move the puck, reasonable speed of game . 

The sport has just booked itself a permanent spot every year in my schedule, I'm looking forward to watch the next season of para ice hockey .

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if some athletes are misclassified, but unfortunately there's nothing to be done right now. Although I follow the Paralympics Games more than the usual sports fans, some things are really disheartening and make me question the fairness of this event.

Although to be fair, one can wonder if that's only coming from China. I've heard stories of Brazilian athletes being misclassified as well (but in both directions, so both being helped and being screwed, presumably not on purpose of course). I would be surprised if the same didn't happen in basically any other country. No doubt it happens plenty everywhere, it's so difficult to have a fair competition when almost nobody has exactly the same disability...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I hope China wins more golds, the inspiring Chinse paralympians should ignore the insults and accusations coming from the outside and just focus to win more golds. China not just in sports but in general is doing very well compared to the rest of the world especially in light of current worldwide events that's happening.

Two races down, two comebacks completed. Course conditions aren’t great, but the racing has been pretty solid today.

Santeri Kiiveri :FIN just won Finland’s first gold medal in alpine skiing at the Winter Paralympics as well. @Finnator123

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

PLANTEY!!! :ARG

No matter what, this will be Argentina’s best result at the Winter Paralympics to date.

Edit: He finished one spot off the podium, but that is now the best result for any athlete from South America at the Winter Paralympics. @LDOG @konig