website statistics

Winter Paralympic Games 2022

Olympian1010

Wow, mourning in Brazil after Cristian's dramatic performance :hairpull: 

That was utterly, totally disappointing. Everyone involved was really counting on at the very least a place in the final.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oksana Masters said something like "not one of them is classified" or something right after the finish? Maybe I heard wrong :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

It would explain plenty. :rolleyes:

But they are classified, otherwise they can't compete. So I'm confused about what she meant or implied exactly :p

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But they are classified, otherwise they can't compete. So I'm confused about what she meant or implied exactly :p

I guess it’s the same as drug testing: the more often you compete the more likely you are to be tested & retested.  If you just parachute in at the majors & disappear again it’s going to look fishy.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

They are classified, however for the past 2 seasons and in races earlier this season Yang Hongqiong was classified as a 10.5, now she’s a 10. 

Time wise that is only worth 1% (86% of the raw time instead of 87%), but given the gap was only 1.7 seconds today could have made the difference. 

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I guess it’s the same as drug testing: the more often you compete the more likely you are to be tested & retested.  If you just parachute in at the majors & disappear again it’s going to look fishy.

I think she means that classification was done by Chinese officials.

1 minute ago, uk12points said:

They are classified, however for the past 2 seasons and in races earlier this season Yang Hongqiong was classified as a 10.5, now she’s a 10. 

Time wise that is only worth 1% (86% of the raw time instead of 87%), but given the gap was only 1.7 seconds today could have made the difference. 

Do you we know what her condition is. For her classification to change it must be something degenerative.