website statistics

Winter Paralympic Games 2022

Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Alpine Combined so much more exciting when you do it properly - ie the slalom leg is run from the slowest to the fastest.

Kind of hard to compare paraskiing with non-paraskiing though. One can imagine the strength of the field is a bigger difference than the order in which the heats are run.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Crazy to see skiers shedding layers or going without sleeves today after Olympians couldn’t have enough layers just two/three weeks ago.

I live in Beijing, and the weather has taken quite a sudden turn.  It is quite beautiful and warm during the day now.  Spring is here.  Still cold at night, though.  

On 3/6/2022 at 6:59 AM, heywoodu said:

It might also be a bit of a painful showing of the overall strength of the Paralympics, if a country can go from being nearly invisible to being the super power in not even four years...

Very sad, but I would say this is easier to happen at the Winter Games. In Tokyo, Japan improved a lot compared to Rio, but still didn't crack the top 10.

At the Winter Paralympics, Russia (2014) and now China completely dominated their home games, although South Korea didn't care enough about this event in 2018.

I'm already dreading the fact that Brazil probably will not surpass their best ever result (5th) thanks to the "out of nowhere" athletes from China :(

4 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Very sad, but I would say this is easier to happen at the Winter Games. In Tokyo, Japan improved a lot compared to Rio, but still didn't crack the top 10.

At the Winter Paralympics, Russia (2014) and now China completely dominated their home games, although South Korea didn't care enough about this event in 2018.

I'm already dreading the fact that Brazil probably will not surpass their best ever result (5th) thanks to the "out of nowhere" athletes from China :(

Oh absolutely. Winter sports in general are less competitive, let alone their para-versions.

I'm still having 'hope' for Cristian for the sprint, which is his strongest event. Especially considering the amout of enormously intense training they've thrown in the past months, it's no surprise their endurance went way down, hopefully in favour of their explosive power, so to say. Especially Cristian got like 6 times bigger compared to barely a year ago, surely there must be some more power there :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Event 22/78

CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING

Men's Long Distance Classical Vision Impaired
Final Results

:CAN Brian McKEEVER
Guide: Russell Kennedy, Graham Nishikawa
55:36.7

:USA Jake ADICOFF
Guide: Sam Wood
58:54.4

:SWE Zebastian MODIN
Guide: Emil Joensson Haag