website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

First semifinal was winning by :UKR with 337 points, :ISL qualified as 10th with 103 points, 11th was :CRO with 75 points, :SLO gets 15 points and dead last place.

Second semifinal was winning by :SWE with 396 points, :AZE qualified as 10th with 96 points, 11th was :MKD with 79 points, :GEO ( :( ) come last with 22 points .

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Azerbaijan also got 0 points in the televote in their semi-final but still qualified thanks to 96 jury votes..... I didn't realise the AIBA were in the juries :d

Maybe Olympic boxing should use televoting?

7 hours ago, LDOG said:

Btw where are all the deaf people here that were saying Italy was terrible? Did fine in both jury and televote...

My personal only explanation is that they sang better in the jury session (jury votes are not based on yesterdays final, but on the test run they do one day earlier), and the public vote based on the videoclip, because the live singing yesterday I found it pretty horrible 

Nice win from Ukraine, I hope only that next year we won’t have a wining draw between Finland, Sweden, and Moldavia :-X

Btw, how will it be with the organization? It can’t be in Ukraine right, will they make some proxy place for the show?

7 hours ago, rybak said:

From Spanish fandom for example :p

I don't think the hate is from Spanish fandom since Ukraine winning was expected because of the situation. Here the main discussion topics have been:

• Spanish jury not giving points to Portugal.
  • Italy being the only country not giving a single point to Spain and why RAI called Chanel "discount di Jennifer Lopez".
  • Lausa Pausini being the best presenter ever.
  • The awful result of France after sending a song similar to Tanxugueiras.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

Nice win from Ukraine, I hope only that next year we won’t have a wining draw between Finland, Sweden, and Moldavia :-X

Btw, how will it be with the organization? It can’t be in Ukraine right, will they make some proxy place for the show?

I think the Big 5 now can claim the hosting if Ukraine rejects it. As :GBR finished second, I won’t be surprised we’re going to a large city in the UK if they are willing to host it. 

35 minutes ago, hckošice said:

How did Czechs ?

Not too well. They finished in 22nd place with 38 points. 33 of those points came from the professional juries, whereas they only received 5 points from the televoting, all from :MKD  

They had to open the show, which is often not a good position as the voting only starts after all 25 songs have been performed. By that time a lot of people had forgotten the Czech song or they only started watching the show after they had already performed. 

28 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Not too well. They finished in 22nd place with 38 points. 33 of those points came from the professional juries, whereas they only received 5 points from the televoting, all from :MKD  

They had to open the show, which is often not a good position as the voting only starts after all 25 songs have been performed. By that time a lot of people had forgotten the Czech song or they only started watching the show after they had already performed. 

Thanks.

That´s unfortunate. :(  Maybe next time then.