website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

I know that probably nobody care about national selections for Eurovision as me, but I want ask you what do you think about quality of songs in Polish preselections and the most important question, who should be winner in this Saturday? Below is recap with the 10 entries.

Some news:

:AZE will be represented by Nadir Rustamli, winner of the latest The Voice of Azerbaijan, his song will be choosen in mid-March.

:UKR Alina Pash who won local national final in last Saturday withdrew from the contest over the scandal related to her travel documents and being on Crimea in 2015 via Moscow instead via an Ukrainian city... It's currently unknown who will replace her and if at all Ukraine will be able to compete in this year contest as EBU consider banning them for another political mess after their selections in recent years. 

:FRA published all their 12 candidates which will take part in national final which be held on 5th March. Below is recap.

:AUS finally also released all songs which will take part in their national selections.

Also :SWE Sweden published snippets of their third semifinal songs. So far all songs (including previous two semifinals) are way below Melodifestivalen level. Looks like Sweden want to stay in semifinal second time in history of the contest...

2 hours ago, rybak said:

:AUS finally also released all songs which will take part in their national selections.

Also :SWE Sweden published snippets of their third semifinal songs. So far all songs (including previous two semifinals) are way below Melodifestivalen level. Looks like Sweden want to stay in semifinal second time in history of the contest...

Cornelia? Hold me closer are definitely material to qualify. I think Robin and Liamoo too. Sometimes I think people are just jealous of Sweden and WISH we are not qualify rather than think that. :mumble:

22 hours ago, Belle said:

Cornelia? Hold me closer are definitely material to qualify. I think Robin and Liamoo too. Sometimes I think people are just jealous of Sweden and WISH we are not qualify rather than think that. :mumble:

Well, no offense, but it's your opinion and I think that you should agree that in recent years level of Melodifestivalen dropped off too much. 4-5 years ago there was bunch of songs which deserved to be in the Eurovision and could easily compete for other countries and would achieve success as well, but in last two years and especially in this year I don't see any song which deserve to represent Sweden (which is Eurovision powerhouse) alone.

46 minutes ago, rybak said:

Well, no offense, but it's your opinion and I think that you should agree that in recent years level of Melodifestivalen dropped off too much. 4-5 years ago there was bunch of songs which deserved to be in the Eurovision and could easily compete for other countries and would achieve success as well, but in last two years and especially in this year I don't see any song which deserve to represent Sweden (which is Eurovision powerhouse) alone.

Agree with the level dropped on other side Sweden hasn’t a song as popular as Hold Me Closer since I would say Heroes 2015 or at least Bulletproof 2020.  So in level of top notch songs this year is better since I also prefer Liamoo and Robin ahead of Tusse last year. If Tusse could reach the big final then Hold Me Closer should do that too and I would say same with Liamoo and Robin. But the overall standard have dropped I agree! 

Should Hold Me Closer win MelFest 2022 I think we are talking about top 5 for Sweden in Italy.