website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I can only use google translate. Sprained left knee & ACL strain?

Yes. And -according to the journalist- the doctors and physiotherapists will be trying their best to get Sofia ready for the women's downhill race on Feb 15 (which is very hard and not that likely...)

1 hour ago, Ted said:

Any doctors on our forum to tell us what this type of injury usually means?

normal people usually go to hell for 6/7 months at least (I had more or less the same kind of injury last april -without the broken fibula- and I experienced very strong pain until december, despite physio, laser and ultrasound terapy and I just couldn't put my leg down, I couldn't even walk without a crutch for quite a while)...

but she's definitely not a normal woman...so, good luck to her (she's surely going through a lot of pain in the next 3 weeks...hope it's worth the effort)...

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

normal people usually go to hell for 6/7 months at least (I had more or less the same kind of injury last april -without the broken fibula- and I experienced very strong pain until december, despite physio, laser and ultrasound terapy and I just couldn't put my leg down, I couldn't even walk without a crutch for quite a while)...

but she's definitely not a normal woman...so, good luck to her (she's surely going through a lot of pain in the next 3 weeks...hope it's worth the effort)...

I really think she should just shut it down for the season and think about her long term health (both in the sport and otherwise). She already has an Olympic gold, and she'll still be in the prime age range for a downhiller at her home Olympics in four years.

But as you say, if someone is going to do it...

Btw, Breezy Johnson is seemingly also nursing some injury. She missed both Zauchensee & Cortina and Shiffrin posted a cryptic message on IG whether she will make it on time too. It looks like another completely random DH gold medallist coming up unless Corinne Suter somehow picks up some heat?