website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Noel can probably only beat himself at the moment, but that happens to him far too often. Currently, only Vinatzer would be able to beat him in terms of time, but he also had many mistakes today.
I'm especially happy for Jakobssen, second podium in a row. Pinturault will probably also be quite happy to have gone to Madonna after all :thumbup:

On 12/22/2021 at 10:48 AM, dcro said:

Sadly Jelinkova is really out of shape following her injury.

Will the Dutch NOC revoke her selection, because you know, they can? :rolleyes:@heywoodu

Just saw this now, sorry, but.....she's not on the NOC's list of qualified athletes so far :hairpull: 

https://teamnl.org/gekwalificeerde-sporters-olympische-winterspelen-beijing-2022

Then again, neither is Kimberley Bos (skeleton), who is absolutely certainly qualified, so I wonder how much it means.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

They are the lucky ones, provided they get their immunity before Beijing.

There will be loads of athletes withdrawing shortly before/after flying to the Olympics.

On the other hand, does having immunity mean you're not going to test positive or you're not likely to get sick? I thought it's mostly the latter, in which case getting it now basically does nothing in terms of avoiding a positive test if you need to get tested anyway.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On the other hand, does having immunity mean you're not going to test positive or you're not likely to get sick? I thought it's mostly the latter, in which case getting it now basically does nothing in terms of avoiding a positive test if you need to get tested anyway.

Well, the odds of testing positive (carrying the virus) should be lower, hence why in some places no self quarantine is needed after a possible exposure if you are vaccinated, or have recovered recently (which appears to be the more desirable option at the moment in terms of protection).

#banbestmen