website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2022

Totallympics

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Poland beats Croatia 3-1 ;)

Croatia missed a chance in the 3rd set. After leading 16-8 they lost the set 🙄. I think they got scared of winning😂
anyway Poland did not look very good and will struggle against better teams if they don’t improve significantly. 

7 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Croatia missed a chance in the 3rd set. After leading 16-8 they lost the set 🙄. I think they got scared of winning😂
anyway Poland did not look very good and will struggle against better teams if they don’t improve significantly. 

Well, our team is still very young but it's a recurring theme for a while, one might argue Smarzek-Godek is a senior member already but she's a mental mess ever since she didn't get on the first plane out of Russia after the war started. Technically we have Stysiak allthough that has been brewing into a Skowronska vs Baranska Alpha rivalry from the previous decade. We have somehow averted the soap opera for now. Even our pundits think that making the QF is basically the ceiling for this team and that would be a huge success.

Italy - Belgium looks like it was a really close game today, until the Belgians got tired after 3 sets:

:ITA - :BEL 

21-25

30-28

29-27

25-9

Closest game yesterday was :SRB - :BUL (3-2).

In the end both favorites won their games. I believe Turkey's loss to Thailand remains the only notable upset so far then.