website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

True. But it's all part of the game as we have learned from previous TISCs.

I have faith, since Lithuania won with a static image :p

The only way that a video influences my judging experience is for example video insert sounds like we've had with The Weeknd, which completely killed my listening experience every single time. 

:BUL  BULGARIA  :BUL 

КариZма - Ще Избягам Ли От Теб

KariZma - Will I Run Away From You 

ezgif-4-3466efae153e.jpg

Duet KariZma was one of the most successful and popular musical acts here from the start of the 2000s until their abrupt split in 2007. At a time when music in the country was dominated with Balkan pop-folk (chalga :d) and the traditional estrada music from the 20th century, they are often cited as the ones that jump started the more modern pop sound, that would eventually take the lead a decade later. I chose the song "Will i run away from you", because it covers a long standing taboo topic in Bulgarian society about domestic abuse. A topic usually labeled 'What happens behind closed doors, should be dealt behind closed doors and it's family business' etc. the song garnered a lot of public attention. The plot line is told from the perspective of the children and if they can escape it when they grow up. The video also has a string of famous people including a cameo from our future Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, from the time he was still secretary of the police. 

English Lyrics:

Spoiler

To have something just so you can hurt it

And this to be the way you own

I forgive you for being that way

Before i become just like you

You love so you can hold on

You tolerate and keep going

Not someone else,

it is you you're justifying

That maybe it's just what you deserve

If there were a way to change

Before you get hurt

Someone, somewhere is waiting

Is someone helping anyone?

Will i run away from you?

Will i run away, am i running away

running away or towards you

Will i run away, run away

am i running away or am i

turning back to you

You're looking at me, is there a way

i can hide my thoughts from you

You can hurt someone else

You attack so you won't get hurt

This hand that i am reaching out to you

will you take it or will you run away from it?

Will i run away from you

(am i, will i, should i..)

run away and keep running away or am i

running back to you?

Bulgarian Lyrics:

Spoiler

Да имаш, за да нараниш;
така да притежаваш.
Прощавам ти, че си такъв,
преди да стана като теб.

Обичаш, за да задържиш,
търпиш и потушаваш.
Не някой друг,
себе си оправдаваш,
че може би това заслужаваш.

Да имаш как да промениш,
преди да пострадаш.
Някой отвън, някъде там чака.
На някой друг помага ли някой?

Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли, бягам ли,
бягам ли или към теб...?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли, бягам ли,
бягам ли или към теб
обръщам се назад?

Гледаш към мен. Има ли как
моите мисли да останат тайна?
Може друг да нараниш.
Нападаш, за да не пострадаш.
Тази ръка, която към теб протягам,
приемаш или ще избягаш?

Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли, бягам ли,
бягам ли или към теб...?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли от теб?
Ще избягам ли, бягам ли,
бягам ли или към теб
обръщам се назад?

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

:BUL  BULGARIA  :BUL 

КариZма - Ще Избягам Ли От Теб

KariZma - Will I Run Away From You 

ezgif-4-3466efae153e.jpg

Duet KariZma was one of the most successful and popular musical acts here from the start of the 2000s until their abrupt split in 2007. At a time when music in the country was dominated with Balkan pop-folk (chalga :d) and the traditional estrada music from the 20th century, they are often cited as the ones that jump started the more modern pop sound, that would eventually take the lead a decade later. I chose the song "Will i run away from you", because it covers a long standing taboo topic in Bulgarian society about domestic abuse. A topic usually labeled 'What happens behind closed doors, should be dealt behind closed doors and it's family business' etc. the song garnered a lot of public attention. The plot line is told from the perspective of the children and if they can escape it when they grow up. The video also has a string of famous people including a cameo from our future Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, from the time he was still secretary of the police. 

English Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

Bulgarian Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

Its incredible to see a young Vladimir Putin in the video.

:MEX MEXICO :MEX 

Emmanuel - La chica de humo

La_chica_de_humo.jpg

This year Mexico's representative to Totallympics International Song Contest is Emmanuel, a singer with a 45 year career, performing one of his most iconic hits, La chica de humo (The smoke girl), a song written by Mauro Malavasi and Maria Lar. Included in his 1989 album Quisiera, the single was released in April 22, 1989 and hit the top of Billboard's Latin Chart by the end of the same year, and 3 years later a version in Italian, recorded by Gianni Morandi, called Ma tu chi sei was released.

Lyrics in Spanish

Spoiler
Aun yo no sé quién es
Lo deben saber mis pies
La siguen como las ratas
A la flauta de Hamelin
Para perderla después

No quiero hablar de este tema
Pero es mi mayor problema
Ella está siempre en portada
A toda plana
Cada mañana
En el diario de mis penas

Ah, me entiende
Me tantea
Ah, se enciende
Coquetea
Se evapora

Y yo qué sé dónde va, dónde vive
Y todo está mal
Y siempre es igual
Y yo qué sé, que no soy detective
La paso fatal
Mi chica de humo
Mi chica de humo

No escucha cuando hablo yo
Sus ojos dicen que no
Y luego me contradice
Por placer, para hacer
Que un día me ruborice

Yo ya dejé atrás los veinte
Y ella probablemente
No estamos para jugar
No me va a trastornar
Un crucigrama viviente

Ah, me entiende
Me tantea
Ah, se enciende
Coquetea
Se evapora

Y yo qué sé dónde va, dónde vive
Y todo está mal
Y siempre es igual
Y yo qué sé, yo no soy detective
La paso fatal
Mi chica de humo
Mi chica de humo
[2x]

Y quién te crees que eres tú
Siempre tú, siempre igual
Y siempre está todo mal
[3x]

Ah, me entiende
Me tantea
Ah, se enciende
Coquetea
Se evapora

Yo qué sé dónde va, dónde vive
Todo está mal
Y siempre es igual
Y yo qué sé, yo no soy detective
La paso fatal
Mi chica de humo
Mi chica de humo
[2x]

English translation

Spoiler
I'm still don't know who she is
My feet should know it
They follow her like the rats
After the Pied Piper of Hamelin
To lose her right after

I don't want to talk about it
But is my biggest problem
She is always on the cover
Every morning in the front page
Of my sorrows' daily paper

Ah, she understands me
She teases me
Ah, she gets turned on
She flirts with me
She vanishes

What do I know, where she goes, where she lives
Everything's wrong
It's always the same
What do I know, I'm not a detective
I feel terrible
My smoke girl
My smoke girl

She doesn't listen when I speak
Her eyes say "No"
And later she contradicts me
For pleasure
To make me blush one day

I'm already past twenty
And probably she's too
There's no time for us to play
I won't become disturbed
By a living puzzle

Ah, she understands me
She teases me
Ah, she gets turned on
She flirts with me
She vanishes

Everything's wrong
It's always the same
I feel terrible
My smoke girl
My smoke girl

[2x]

So who do you think you are?

Always you, ever the same

And everything is wrong

[3x]

Ah, she understands me
She teases me
Ah, she gets turned on
She flirts with me
She vanishes

Everything's wrong
It's always the same
I feel terrible
My smoke girl
My smoke girl
[2x]

13 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

Yap, I actually never see the videos until after I gave my points just to avoid being influenced by the videoclip :d (unless i absolutely love the song of course hehe)

Even after awarding the points I barely watched (more than half a minute of) any of the videos ever, because I just don't care and because I really can't get myself to spending 3-4 minutes just watching a music video...just like I never understood my fellow teenagers when I was at school and they'd go and 'watch' MTV after class or something :d 

There are rare occassions where a video is simply fun of course, but usually it just shows someone singing in place A, then place B and so on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Even after awarding the points I barely watched (more than half a minute of) any of the videos ever, because I just don't care and because I really can't get myself to spending 3-4 minutes just watching a music video...just like I never understood my fellow teenagers when I was at school and they'd go and 'watch' MTV after class or something :d 

There are rare occassions where a video is simply fun of course, but usually it just shows someone singing in place A, then place B and so on :p 

Rocket Brothers from Denmark was an interesting watch throughout :lol: 

The first TISC ever, I think got 11 points from me, only losing out to Hindi Zahra's "Beautiful Tango" from Morocco.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Rocket Brothers from Denmark was an interesting watch throughout :lol: 

The first TISC ever, I think got 11 points from me, only losing out to Hindi Zahra's "Beautiful Tango" from Morocco.

That video is great work from Anders Morgenthaler!

:UKR UKRAINE:UKR

HARDKISS - "7 вітрів"

HARDKISS is one of the famous Ukrainian artists/groups. At first , because solist os this group (Yuliya Sanina) - is DIVA. Secondly , they write unique music with Ukrainian motives. "7 вітрів" ("7 winds") - is a newest their song , clip video is about concert atmosphere.

I believe that most of you are aware about this but still I will say that: 46 hours left to select the entry @Laraja @LuizGuilherme @titicow @intoronto @dcro @Benolympique @Bohemia @EupenM @maestro @Makedonas @Ted @Yannakis @Fly_like_a_don @Dnl (are you going to be as me earlier the year to be last one to publish song? :p) @Ruslan @Glen @heywoodu @Wanderer @justony @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010 

and to enter @Hipooo @catgamer @Skijumpingmaster @AustralianFan @KingOfTheRhinos @DaniSRB @Dunadan @Tigercub @tigersay @amen09 @tuniscof @NaBUru38 @Pabloffo @sami-eg @MHSN @Finnator123 @stefanbg @stepansevs @Topicmaster1010

:NED Drs. P - Dodenrit :NED 

I thought, let's go with something different for a change: an actual Dutch-language song instead of just the big English-language hits from Dutch artists. He was born Heinz Hermann Polzer, in Switzerland, with a Dutch mother and Austrian father. He has always retained his Swiss nationality and never requested the Dutch one, as a token of gratitude towards Switzerland: during World War 2, they saved him from captivity twice, after he was detained for offending Hitler and Mussolini. The second time, the Swiss nearly literally dragged him away the firing squad. He had been living in the Netherlands since childhood though, before the war, and grew into a true master of the Dutch language - in his life, he has received countless prizes for his contributions to the language, literature and all things related to his songwriting. The 'Drs.' in his artist's name is actually not made up, he had a doctorate in economics.

His most famous song in the Netherlands is Dodenrit, 'Death Ride'. It's told from the perspective of a man traveling with his family to the Russian city of Omsk, by troyka/troika/Russian horse carriage. However, the ride takes a bit of a dark turn, which is told in a humorous way in the song. The full text can be found here...translated in English! Sure, some of the things that rhyme in Dutch are not a perfect fit of course, but whoever translated it tried to make sure the English version did fit exactly into the melody, which is quite the performance. And generally speaking, the translation is absolutely excellent.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!