website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

I'm not entirely certain that this song is going to do well here, but it definitely represents the fact that I'm absolutely in love with anything that has guitars as a lead instrument. And heck, Lithuanian language is making a return too :p 

jautì - is a Lithuanian alternative rock band and "Eyes" is their first single from when the band started playing together in 2016. They gained a fair amount of attention in the indie scene and followed it up with a 2019 debut album, a small EP in 2020 and their second album released this year. All three of their works have been positively acclaimed and the band had a great summer season doing shows across Lithuania. 

:LTU LITHUANIA :LTU

jautì - Akys | Eyes

Tu surasi | You'll find us

Mus Mažus | When we were little

Kai tais krantais | When we're on the shore

Brisim kartu | Wading together

Pasiimk mane | Take me

Į vandenis gilius | To the deepest waters

Aš nuskęsiu tavo akyse | I'm going to drown in your eyes

Aš nuskęsiu | I'll drown

Aš nuskęsiu | I'll drown

Tu surasi | You'll find us

Mus Mažus | When we were little

Kai tais krantais | When we're on the shore

Brisim kartu | Wading together

Pasiimk mane | Take me

Į vandenis gilius | To the deepest waters

Aš nuskęsiu | I'll drown

Aš nuskęsiu | I'll drown

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile over in the Croatian jury... Two songs are in a total dead-lock, and that has been the case for like a week or so. :hairpull:

Imagine flexing on us peasants for having more than a single valid option for an open contest :coffee:

It's the second open contest in a row where I accidentally find that an artist that I like is old enough to enter :lol: 

And their best songs are usually in the 2018-19 era ://// 

:VIE VIETNAM :VIE

BỐNG BỐNG BANG BANG - 365 DABAND

The song is from a story/tale, the tale is about a young girl and her sister, one day the young girl who is called Cám, Cám once sang a song for the fish and every time she sings, the fish became more interested in here, so the fish would come out if she kept on singing. She also fed them too, the oldest girl Tấm is her sister and she disliked her very much. One day Tấm went to the place where Cám sang to the fish and tried to copy her singing. She had a plan where she would copy Cám's singing and the fish would get out of the water where she could catch them, and then she would eat them. She successfully did it and ate the fish. When Cám came to sing to the fish and feed them, the fish weren't there. She realized that the fish were gone and she cried. An angel came and asked her what was wrong and why she had started crying. She told the angel everything and the angel was fed up with Tấm, so the angel brought back the fish in a way and they had come back to life. And Tấm had a huge punishment, she couldn't find anything to eat for 1 day and she couldn't get any new year's clothes. The story is different in most ways but it is famous in Vietnamese culture.

Here is English lyric version

:INAKLA Project - Yogyakarta :INA

Yogyakarta is a province of Indonesia located in southern part of Java, where the governor is the Sultan of Yogyakarta (making it the only royal family which actually has power in the Republic). One member of the group, Katon Bagaskara, wrote this song in 1993 to cherish his childhood memories of visiting his grandmother. The first line of the song, "coming back to your town", actually refers to his grandma not to a lover as commonly believed by fans.

Lyrics:

Spoiler
Pulang ke kotamu
Ada setangkup haru dalam rindu
Masih seperti dulu
Tiap sudut menyapaku bersahabat,
Penuh selaksa makna

Terhanyut aku akan nostalgi
Saat kita sering luangkan waktu
Nikmati bersama Suasana Jogja

Di persimpangan langkahku terhenti
Ramai kaki lima
Menjajakan sajian khas berselera
Orang duduk bersila
Musisi jalanan mulai beraksi

Seiring laraku kehilanganmu
Merintih sendiri
Ditelan deru kotamu

Walau kini kau t'lah tiada tak kembali
Namun kotamu hadirkan senyummu abadi
Izinkanlah aku untuk s'lalu pulang lagi
Bila hati mulai sepi tanpa terobati
Coming back to your town
There is a handful of emotion in longing
still like before
Every corner greets me friendly
Full of a thousand meanings

I drift away in the nostalgia
When we often spend time
Enjoy with the Atmosphere of Jogja

At the crossroads I stopped
Lots of street vendors
Selling delicious dishes
People sitting cross-legged
Street musicians in action

As I'm sad to lose you
Moaning by myself
Swallowed by the roar of your town

Even though now you're gone and can't come back
But your town brings your eternal smile
Allows me to always come back again
When the heart begins to be lonely without cure

:wSRB::wSRB::wSRB:

ZAA-03.jpg

Serbia come to Israel as a TISC title holder, which is why I have a great obligation to convince you that the victory from a year ago was not a coincidence. last year we (or I) won with song I personally adore, and this edition will be no exception in a way on song selection. 

this time Serbia will be represented  by crossover band "zaa".  the band "zaa" was formed in Kruševac in 2008 and their music is a mix of styles from ska music and dub, to post-rock, jazz and punk.  so far they performed in more than 250 cities throughout southeastern europe, Austria, Czechia, Hungary etc. The band has participated in numerous festivals in country and abroad.  their former lead vocal Sanja Vučić represented Serbia at Eurovision song contest twice (2016 and 2021). The song I choose for this edition is from 2014 album "what about".  Song "Slide baby" is crossover based on jazz and reggae music with an ambience of refined eroticism that tickles the imaginations. the act of love is not a simple physical contact, but a spiritual game that mimics the primordial shape. official video is filmed in Belgrade club "Underworld" with premiere on global music televison network MTV. 

zaa  -   "Slide baby" 

I will never give what you cannot take,

And I will repair everything you break,

Tripping with your mind, game I'm playing blind,

Things I find inside, I'll keep them and hide.

20 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Hopefully we will see more registrations in the coming days as we are still only at 28 nations, and we usually make it into the mid 30s.

9 entries have been confirmed so far.

Still some regular countries like GB, Germany, Malta and Slovenia are missing. I think its time for second hunt and sending PMs to those users.