website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2022_10/2022PC18.png.f95c7135e735438236b38e3ccc022e46.png

Final Standing is available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wSVK: hckošice
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wESP: PakoNatxo 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wPOL: Ufilov 

Last contest of 2022 is over and the last podium of this year can be revealed. Congratulation to all three medallists of this prediction contest. @hckošice with the gold medal, @PakoNatxo, with the silver medal and @Ufilov with the bronze medal.

That completes the 2022 Totallympics Prediction Contests season. 

It has been a busy year with a good amount of contests. I would like to thank all the users who have taken their time to participate in these contests. It means a lot to see your engagement in these contest. I have had a busy last half of year which has meant that the time to update this contest has been sparsely, so I thank you all for your patience. 

I plan to continue managing these contests in the 2023 as much as I can, but I would be glad if one of two users would lend their time to help me updating provisional standings from time to time as my time has become more limited in the last period of time and still will be limited in the upcoming year. I would be grateful for any help I could get with these prediction contests. 

I plan to have two contests in January. Men's Handball IHF World Championship and Men's Field Hockey FIH World Cup. 

I wish you all a Happy New Year! :)

See you in 2023! 

Wumo

Edited by Wumo

Why did you change the format of previous field hockey contests? (Guessing GD instead of the exact score).  

This sport has more goals than football and just a little less than ice hockey.   

Last men's WCs average goals per game in each sport: 

Football 2.69  

Hockey 4.36

Ice hockey 5.86

Guessing the correct score in match is just a bit easier than winning the lottery...

This scoring system for the hockey contest is terrible.   

The winner will be whoever made the most random guesses. Unlike football, a close match can easily finish 4-3 as much as it can finish 1-0. 

Nobody would ever think of using this system for Ice hockey...

I don't know on what basis the previous system (2014-2018) has been changed and I'm being refused an answer :wacko:

59 minutes ago, LDOG said:

This scoring system for the hockey contest is terrible.   

The winner will be whoever made the most random guesses. Unlike football, a close match can easily finish 4-3 as much as it can finish 1-0. 

Nobody would ever think of using this system for Ice hockey...

I don't know on what basis the previous system (2014-2018) has been changed and I'm being refused an answer :wacko:

Hey LDOG,

I'm sorry I first reply know to your comment now.

I wanted to try out this system for this prediction contest. I'm aware that the goals per games are higher than in Football. It could be that this system would end up in very few perfect predict scores. Less than 4-5 for the best predictors. If that end up being the case, then the system would have obviously been to harsh and involving too much randomness than fair.

It was from my side an attempt/try out to see if this system could fit in a Field Hockey prediction contest. If the perfect scores end up being very few, then this attempt has proven to be a wrong choice from my side.