website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Undoubtedly the most boring multi sport event of the year. Absolutely nothing to watch. The USA and Canada are sending 2nd or 3rd string teams still dominate, there is no nation close by to US. The smaller nations aren't able to do anything but it's expected. There is absolutely no interest to watch any country or athlete here. Overall it was the most boring multi sport event of the year. The North American and Caribbean Games (US and Canada in selected events) and The South American games should be separate. 

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Undoubtedly the most boring multi sport event of the year. Absolutely nothing to watch. The USA and Canada are sending 2nd or 3rd string teams still dominate, there is no nation close by to US. The smaller nations aren't able to do anything but it's expected. There is absolutely no interest to watch any country or athlete here. Overall it was the most boring multi sport event of the year. The North American and Caribbean Games (US and Canada in selected events) and The South American games should be separate. 

Okay.

I'd probably have to say the South Asian Games in December will the most boring. All the results will be predictable there :rolleyes:

Edited by intoronto

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Really?, i think all the contrary: is the first time i see a Panamerican games in where there are 8 golds of diference between the second and the seventh, always USA is in a clear first place and is very uncommon to see all the "figth" i mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:lol:

I ignore posts from bestmen and OlympicsFan, so I almost forgot how fun it is to read troll posts sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

sure jan GIF

36 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Okay.

I'd probably have to say the South Asian Games in December will the most boring. All the results will be predictable there :rolleyes:

I’d have to disagree with that. They’ve got 52 sports on offer and generally almost anything can happen it each event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I actually have to agree somewhat with @Fly_like_a_don here. The games lack energy. I haven’t felt motivated to watch them at all because competition fields are small and quite a few of the events are weak. For the world’s third biggest multi-sport event, It hasn’t felt like the big deal it should be. The US sent A,B,C athletes and we’re getting to 50 golds at the halfway mark. I’m the rest of the continent can’t keep up. The quality of most competitions is low. There are generally 2-4 world class athletes in each event and that’s it. It just feels like a weak event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I actually have to agree somewhat with @Fly_like_a_don here. The games lack energy. I haven’t felt motivated to watch them at all because competition fields are small and quite a few of the events are weak. For the world’s third biggest multi-sport event, It hasn’t felt like the big deal it should be. The US sent A,B,C athletes and we’re getting to 50 golds at the halfway mark. I’m the rest of the continent can’t keep up. The quality of most competitions is low. There are generally 2-4 world class athletes in each event and that’s it. It just feels like a weak event.

That's the reality, our continent isn't full of world class athletes like Europe. At most you are going to see a small handful of strong athletes/teams. It's no different than the Asian Games.