website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

hace 1 minuto, JoshMartini007 dijo:

On one hand it essentially avoids clashing with the various World Championships, but on the other hand, I imagine many athletes (especially in athletics) in non-Olympic qualifying sports will skip the games.

Many american/canadian you mean. 

And they already do that, so... 

The only downside I see from this decision is that we'll have weaker marks in athletics/swimming (cuz no one would peak in november).

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

The opening ceremony has not even taken place yet and I already can't stand the official song when it plays before and after competitions on TV. 

I like the song, but the intros and outros are the worst of any games in 2-3 years

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Many american/canadian you mean. 

And they already do that, so... 

The only downside I see from this decision is that we'll have weaker marks in athletics/swimming (cuz no one would peak in november).

This will be a disaster for artistic gymnastics. The World Championships usually happen in late October, so there's no way any country would send their best gymnasts for the Pan Ams. 

40 minutes ago, Jur said:

Is there anywhere an entry list for tomorrow marathon's? I can't find it....

They like to publish them really late in the night the day before for some reason :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So if your unable to watch the 2019 Pan American Games live, you’ve got a few options.

Obviously you should follow Totallympics Media for our event summaries and other stories.

The following are also running live blogs:

Totallympics Media (highly recommend)

Inside the Games

Olympic Channel

So, with that, everyone should be able to follow the games in some way. Enjoy the Games! 

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I'm actually impressed by most venues I've seen so far. The Artistic Skating venue is probably the best one ever at the Pan American Games. Also nice broadcast/images.

My thoughts exactly, it looked similar to an ice rink. Love it :wub: