website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Since these categories, threads and discussions are what Totallympics is all about, I would at least try to somehow highlight the forums tab or have an additional way on the home page to access them 

"Forums" is the first navigation bar option after "Home". And you can also get to the forums' main page easily from each thread.

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Right now it feels like the news take priority over the discussions, since they're easier to access and larger on the screen.

As I said, blocks can easily be moved, so when there are no new article the "Latest replies" block will be moved on the top of the page.

Great work on the new design. Really impressive that we have a major overhaul and the feeling is largely positive. Regarding the national trackers, is it time to bring back the 2012 national tracker? You, with help of others, could make the default one and then interested users can maintain their national trackers. 

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Regarding the national trackers, is it time to bring back the 2012 national tracker? You, with help of others, could make the default one and then interested users can maintain their national trackers. 

What do you exactly mean with national tracker?

Now we have a tracker for each nation with a dedicated page. All the national trackers can be found here:https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/

So let's take the USA  National Tracker for example: https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/united-states-of-america/qualification-tracker-r1245/

These trackers are updated almost in real time by @Matej

Each user can start from these trackers and if they want to customise it for their own nation they can do it in their national club. For example, here is what @OlympicIRL did in the Team Ireland club: https://totallympics.com/forums/topic/15109-team-ireland-paris-2024-qualification-tracker/

Edited by Sindo

On 9/21/2022 at 12:25 PM, Sindo said:

Now we have a tracker for each nation with a dedicated page. All the national trackers can be found here:https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/

So let's take the USA  National Tracker for example: https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/united-states-of-america/qualification-tracker-r1245/

These trackers are updated almost in real time by @Matej

Each user can start from these trackers and if they want to customise it for their own nation they can do it in their national club. For example, here is what @OlympicIRL did in the Team Ireland club: https://totallympics.com/forums/topic/15109-team-ireland-paris-2024-qualification-tracker-here

Personally, I like the current version of tracking. I followed the suggested links, everything is cool. But take the USA page - it's not as full as the Ireland page...

Edited by RiderJake

1 minute ago, RiderJake said:

Personally, I like the current version of tracking. I followed the suggested links, everything is cool. But take the USA page - it's not as full as the Ireland page...

That's because the Ireland page has been customised by @OlympicIRL . He started from the normal Qualification Tracker and then added some features, changed the colors etc. I think it's normal that working only on one nation you can add more details, @Matej is dealing with 200 nations :d

Welcome to Totallympics by the way!

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

If you remember for 2012 Olympics, we had this mega post at the beginning of the national thread which listed all events of the Olympics. In that we would list whether the nation in question has qualified or in contention for qualifying or out of qualification. Users can tweak the table and give links to individual sports qualification threads or qualification tournaments thread. And so on.... 

But I do remember it was a pain to create it and maintain it. 

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

Where have the clubs disappeared? I can't find an access anywhere.

That's weird. We have created customised widgets so that users can see customised content according to the club they are signed in. So I guess you are not in the Croatian club? :yikes: Once you join the club, you will see the latest replied thread in the home page and across the forum. And also another block in the home page with the latest replies of the club(s) you are part of.

Please join Team Croatia forum and let me know if you see them.

39 minutes ago, Dolby said:

If you remember for 2012 Olympics, we had this mega post at the beginning of the national thread which listed all events of the Olympics. In that we would list whether the nation in question has qualified or in contention for qualifying or out of qualification. Users can tweak the table and give links to individual sports qualification threads or qualification tournaments thread. And so on.... 

Yes, I remember. But I think this is not necessary anymore now that we have a tracker for each nation. If this is not enough, in their national clubs users can have a more detailed one. Like the example with Ireland, you can start from the general tracker and then customise it adding more information.