website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

Here's an idea for future updates (not sure if it's possible): having the qualification tracker of our own nation up there with the overall tracker. Like, below the "Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker" have a Hungarian qualification tracker if the user is Hungarian. (I mean, for now it would say "0 quotas in 0 sports", but I think you get the idea. :d)

Edited by Vektor

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Here's an idea for future updates (not sure if it's possible): having the qualification tracker of our own nation up there with the overall tracker. Like, below the "Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker" have a Hungarian qualification tracker if the user is Hungarian. (I mean, for now it would say "0 quotas in 0 sports", but I think you get the idea. :d)

That would be a good idea. Not too easy to realize though. Probably it is something which should be linked with the club the user is part of.

Anyway there is a direct link to the Paris Qualification by Nation (https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/), from which is very easy to find your nation and open the tracker. But thank you for the suggestion, I will see if it is possible to add something like that in the future.

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

This sounds perfect, and surely something that has to be done. Can it be connected with the national club, if not to the declared nation of user?

Overall, I am impressed by the new page. This is an Olympic forum after all.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

This sounds perfect, and surely something that has to be done. Can it be connected with the national club, if not to the declared nation of user?

Yeah, as I said probably the easiest thing would be to connect it with the club the user is in. But this is not something easy, because we would need a block for each nation. Probably the easiest thing would be to show a link to the nation's qualification tracker (for example Hungary: https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-by-nation/hungary/qualification-tracker-r1134/

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Could you make the scrolling for the news section slightly slower?

I agree it was too fast.  It is not possible to make it slower, but I have removed the automatic scrolling. Users can easily scroll to the following news anyway, and in this way the latest news are always shown first.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Also, are you able to add a link to the header? If not can you make the Totallympics News more prominent on the tool bar at the top of the page?

Yes, that would be possible. But the link to Totallympics News is easily reachable clicking the "Discover" menu. The home page of the News is not that important anymore now that the block with the latest news is shown in the home page. Having "Totallympics News" in the navigation bar would take lots of space in the bar.

I was so confused when I didn't see all of the sports listed, since it was mostly how I navigated this forum, but I was glad to see it still under /forums.

Since these categories, threads and discussions are what Totallympics is all about, I would at least try to somehow highlight the forums tab or have an additional way on the home page to access them 

Right now it feels like the news take priority over the discussions, since they're easier to access and larger on the screen.

It helped me that I knew what I was looking for, but I wonder how it is from a new user experience stand point.

To make news more accessible, you don't need to hide them under the >discover tab.