website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2022

Totallympics

10 hours ago, George_D said:

no comments for the two Quarterfinals? :question:

disaster for Greece... :facepalm:

waiting for today's (the afternoon one, of course)...:lol:

by the way, Germany was really impressive...and not only last night...

they have a plan, they execute well and yesterday they also had an unreal shooting percentage from the arch...

Spain isn't convincing at all so far, but somehow they always manage to escape any trouble...

winning culture, I guess...it's the 11th consecutive time they make the top 4 at the Europeans (and 9 of the last 10 times they also got a medal, they were 4th only in 2005)...:yikes:

fun fact, last time they missed out on the semifinals was in 1997, when Eurobasket was played in...Spain! (finals in Barcelona, Jugoslavija winning gold against Italy, coached at the time by Ettore Messina)...

19 minutes ago, phelps said:

waiting for today's (the afternoon one, of course)...:lol:

by the way, Germany was really impressive...and not only last night...

they have a plan, they execute well and yesterday they also had an unreal shooting percentage from the arch...

Spain isn't convincing at all so far, but somehow they always manage to escape any trouble...

winning culture, I guess...it's the 11th consecutive time they make the top 4 at the Europeans (and 9 of the last 10 times they also got a medal, they were 4th only in 2005)...:yikes:

fun fact, last time they missed out on the semifinals was in 1997, when Eurobasket was played in...Spain! (finals in Barcelona, Jugoslavija winning gold against Italy, coached at the time by Ettore Messina)...

this is a characteristic of Germans..

1 minute ago, George_D said:

this is a characteristic of Germans..

yeah, but they not always play according to their characteristics...more than once, I saw them messin'it up at the first trouble (like they did against Italy in Tokyo last year, for instance)...

yesterday they were really focused and inspired (considering they're also missing some very strong players)...

I was a bit disappointed by Greece, though...

after they played so well in Milan in the group stages, they just went a level below in Berlin (they already struggled more than expected in the round of 16)...

So today I made the effort to watch a basketball match. FRA vs ITA and I Can not believe what I just saw :p I purposely set my alarm to count the real tíme and yes, the very last minute of the RT of the match lasted almost 9 minutes :lol:

Edited by hckošice

21 minutes ago, hckošice said:

So today I made the effort to watch a basketball match. FRA vs ITA and I Can not believe what I just saw :p I purposely set my alarm to count the real tíme and yes, the very last minute of the RT of the match lasted almost 9 minutes :lol:

Well, last 45 seconds of Poland-Israel match lasted 6 minutes, so :p