website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating ISU World Cup 2021 - 2022

George_D

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada has a very young an inexperienced team. I honestly don't think we will qualify all the relays, yet alone multiple skaters in each individual race.

Reading this makes me feel like this student who's struggling to have decent grades, and hears this other guy (who always get excellent ones) moaning about how he failed last test (spoiler alert : he didn't) :rolleyes:

Your women's team is basically Kim Boutin and girls whose 500m record is below 43s, which is not an easy feature, with much more experience than what their age could indicate. Charles and Sarault were already on WC podiums 2 or 3 years ago, and Brunelle, although she's still only 17, has reached two top 10 in the last World Champs. Men's team got Charles Hamelin and also Dubois and Dion, the other guys are strong enough to make a relay able to qualify. 

Not getting all the quotas would be a crime with such a team ... but if you feel they're not experienced enough, send some here to grab it, they all speak French so it won't be hard to adapt :banana:

I'm quite intrigued by China though. They will not take part to the other 3 WC, so unless all 3 of them reach, at least, the semi-finals in each race, they could have trouble getting full quotas. They're already granted participation in the relays and 1 athlete in individual events, but I guess it has extended to 3 since they've decided not to go abroad :mumble: 

37 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Reading this makes me feel like this student who's struggling to have decent grades, and hears this other guy (who always get excellent ones) moaning about how he failed last test (spoiler alert : he didn't) :rolleyes:

Your women's team is basically Kim Boutin and girls whose 500m record is below 43s, which is not an easy feature, with much more experience than what their age could indicate. Charles and Sarault were already on WC podiums 2 or 3 years ago, and Brunelle, although she's still only 17, has reached two top 10 in the last World Champs. Men's team got Charles Hamelin and also Dubois and Dion, the other guys are strong enough to make a relay able to qualify. 

Not getting all the quotas would be a crime with such a team ... but if you feel they're not experienced enough, send some here to grab it, they all speak French so it won't be hard to adapt :banana:

I'm quite intrigued by China though. They will not take part to the other 3 WC, so unless all 3 of them reach, at least, the semi-finals in each race, they could have trouble getting full quotas. They're already granted participation in the relays and 1 athlete in individual events, but I guess it has extended to 3 since they've decided not to go abroad :mumble: 

Looking at previous Wc and World cup results is not promising. Ofc they could have improved in the mean time, but with the rising of other countries....this sport has gotten super competitive.

1 hour ago, SalamAkhi said:

That would also limit them to only eight athletes, since you now need either eight or nine individual quotas per gender to be allowed to send a full team of five.

1 hour ago, SalamAkhi said:

I am super excited for Courtney Sarault, there hasn't been any athlete from my home province ( :NBR New Brunswick) at the Winter Olympics since 2010 ( :USA Travis Jayner, also in short track) and no athletes on the Canadian Olympic team for a Winter Olympics since Serge Despres in 2006.

Sarault actually is also an American citizen so she could have followed in Jayner's footsteps and chosen to compete for the US, which would have been a real boost for that program.