website statistics

Speed Skating ISU World Cup 2021 - 2022

George_D

Casey Dawson has such a weird and interesting style :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

A little too soon? Lol

Yeah, the women proved me right, but the men....damn :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, to keep next to the screen:

# Lap Time Split Time (rank)
1 20.1 20.17 (16)
2 28.7 48.89 (16)
3 28.0 1:16.97 (8)
4 28.1 1:45.11 (2)
5 28.4 2:13.59 (3)
6 28.3 2:41.91 (1)
# Lap Time Split Time (rank)
7 28.3 3:10.25 (1)
8 28.4 3:38.65 (1)
9 28.4 4:07.14 (1)
10 28.4 4:35.60 (1)
11 28.6 5:04.29 (1)
12 28.6 5:32.93 (1)
13 28.6 6:01.56 (1)

Dutch commentators are once again disappointed with Van der Poel's race. Like they were last week, you know, when he skated a world record.

I know there was a lot of suspense, but I have breaking news: :SWE van der Poel has won the long distance world cup.

Edit: this is actually incorrect, Bloemen has a minuscule chance of catching up, but it involves Bloemen winning the final race and van der Poel not finishing or being DQed.

56 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I know there was a lot of suspense, but I have breaking news: :SWE van der Poel has won the long distance world cup.

Edit: this is actually incorrect, Bloemen has a minuscule chance of catching up, but it involves Bloemen winning the final race and van der Poel not finishing or being DQed.

Not 100% true, all points are doubled during the World Cup Final, so in theory even #11 in the standings Marwin Talsma could still win if all the entire top 10 ends their seasons after the Olympics. :) 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch commentators are once again disappointed with Van der Poel's race. Like they were last week, you know, when he skated a world record.

Reminds me of a track cycling commentary I once heard where the commentator derided the rider's technique throughout his performance before announcing, almost as an afterthought, that he had broken the world record.

8 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Reminds me of a track cycling commentary I once heard where the commentator derided the rider's technique throughout his performance before announcing, almost as an afterthought, that he had broken the world record.

:lol:

In Van der Poel's case, they had their sights set on a sub-6 minute time, so they were comparing his pace with that. That resulted in an overall mood of "He's not going to make it" instead of "He's going to set a new world record!" :facepalm: 

What happened here :d 

Am0120n.png