website statistics

Speed Skating ISU World Cup 2021 - 2022

George_D

50 minutes ago, NearPup said:

My hatred for the mass start will just never dissipate.

If it was a point race? Great. If it was a scratch race? Also great. But a scratch race to decide positions 1-4 and a point race to decide the minor placings? That's just madness.

I don't say this lightly when I say this event probably has the worst format of any Olympic event.

And here is your Dutch passport, good sir :hatoff: 

Spoiler

It's also way, way too short.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:lol:

JBYimjQ.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 years old, damn.

5OMfTuP.png

6 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

I do not understand results of Mass start women. Zdráhalova was better than Peschtein in semifinal, but Peschtein is in final and Zdráhalova not.

Do you know why?

Thank you

Maybe she withdrew, maybe the start list for the final is incomplete as there are 19 skaters mentioned on the start list while 10 per semi-final qualify.

A very good results for our sprinters in recent weeks :) If they will keep this form till Olympics I believe for them that they will be able to win at least one medal.

Suddenly Poland have a bigger chances for Olympic medals in speed skating and short track more than in ski jumping, shockingly

29 PBs out of 43 starters in the men's 1000m division B race. Yup, we are in SLC all right.

Once the division B races are over I'll post updated provisional qualification scenarios, though apparently the ISU didn't read their own qualification document so it may be very different from the "real" situation.

16 hours ago, Dennis said:

Maybe she withdrew, maybe the start list for the final is incomplete as there are 19 skaters mentioned on the start list while 10 per semi-final qualify.

If she withdrew, there would be another skater placed first below the line in that semifinal. There must be some kinda misunderstanding. Cause she is fighting for place in Beijing in mass start. I haven't got any reply from Czech team yet though...