website statistics

Athletics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

Unbelievably unlucky for Vetter to get injured right now...I assume that affected at least her long jump, and after Thiam basically blew both the long jump and the javelin and thew away literally hundreds of points, she would really have gotten in reach for Vetter :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

According to the forecast graphic European Athletics uses in the broadcast, nobody will finish 2nd :d 

I think they kind of forgot to move everyone up a spot.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

According to the forecast graphic European Athletics uses in the broadcast, nobody will finish 2nd :d 

I think they kind of forgot to move everyone up a spot.

With how this event is transpiring, I'd call it fair game.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Lisek & Sobera out in PV qualifying. They are totally out of form this season.

They did copy their terrible form from Kopron, Bukowiecki and Haratyk... Im just hoping that in next year World Champs will perform better, same about Olympics.

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

They did copy their terrible form from Kopron, Bukowiecki and Haratyk... Im just hoping that in next year World Champs will perform better, same about Olympics.

Sobera was never really a standout and Lisek is simply getting old. Same as Wojciechowski who didn't even come here.

Haratyk & Bukowiecki have regressed in the last two seaons, globally several names made the next big step to throw over 22m on a regular basis but there is no excuse to not even make 21 meters vs European competition.

PS. Sułek said on her IG she will go for silver :p

52 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

:GER Lückenkemper will definitely miss the 4x100m prelim tomorrow. Her suture is still too fresh. Whether she can do the final will be decided on Saturday.

Weißenberg will NOT Start in the heptathlon 800m.

Are the heptathlon medals literally cursed this year with black magic and everybody refuses to try and win them or something? :lol: 

24 spots for multi-eventers is not enough in a championship if only 10ish finish at the very end. 

22 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

He did collide with Manga 2nd & third hurdle: don’t know who was to blame. Put in a protest & get a free re-run is my advice to Polish coaches.  :evil:   Plenty time to the final.  

A bit of a drama now as it turns out Polish team did file a protest but it was too late. The official results of the race were published at 9:01 pm so the time for protest expired at 9:31 pm. And Czykier & his coach filed it at 9:35 pm hence it was dismissed. The funny thing is, Czykier in his interview didn't blame Manga and was only convinced to go ahead after his coach watched the video...  I guess @Grassmarkethas a better hawkeye than everyone in the Polish coaching team :lol:

protest-z-godzina-o-ktorej-zostal-zlozon