website statistics

Athletics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

Oosterwegel :cry: 

She was going so well..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

To be fair, the actual English (or British) commentators on the BBC criticised Ehammer's 1500m before the event. The presenter tried to call it 'modest' and then Denise Lewis said that it's "known in the industry as 'pretty woeful'" and they built it up correctly

well, apart from their excessive British-centric commentary, at least BBC people know what they're talking of...

but those commentators on the international feed are often a true disaster, they don't even know the basics of the sport they're watching (I read some heavy critics also against sky UK for their coverage of the AUS vs ARG rugby match last weekend, talking of disappointing international feeds)...

I don't think the BBC athletics team is too British-centric tbh. Of course they will be partisan and excited when a Brit does well (that's to be expected) but they do appreciate athletes from anywhere. The main complaint they get is that they neglect the field (but everyone does that)

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

GB have a few medal chances coming up still, this has been a decent Championships for us so far

In brotherhood unfold

2 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

I don't think the BBC athletics team is too British-centric tbh. Of course they will be partisan and excited when a Brit does well (that's to be expected) but they do appreciate athletes from anywhere. The main complaint they get is that they neglect the field (but everyone does that)

well, in Italy we're a bit luckier...our commentators usually pay good attention to the field events (especially when the Italians are there, of course, but not only in that case)...

sure, last night with Jacobs ready to go in the 100m final, they missed to show the last throws in women's discus, but that's excusable...

Pretty much every track event is shown live, but they will show the field when they feel like it - often only showing the last throws live. Sometimes after discussing the track they will have a 'round-up' of the field action. Luckily for the Commonwealth Games and for this there was the option for a feed without studio analysis too.

In brotherhood unfold

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

With how these championships are going for team Lithuania, I'd say it's right about time to miss the discus throw and triple jump finals in a few hours :lol: 

Will never happen too Alekna and I’m sure Gudzius will qualify too. :d