website statistics

Athletics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

The federations had 8 days to deregister their athletes so that others could move up. There is definitely no failure on the part of EA, but the federations with their selfish behavior are to blame.

Ok So these federations should be some way punished 

11 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Femke Bol going for the triple, which has been the main part of discussion and wonder in the Netherlands.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Femke Bol going for the triple, which has been the main part of discussion and wonder in the Netherlands.

As a person that had 10% faith of Morauskaitė snatching a bronze, I was devastated by Bol's decision, especially subsequently seeing her run 400m under 50 seconds :lol: 

8 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Marathon runners mutiny, given the forecast temperatures next week.  

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1126795/european-athletics-marathon-letter

Hopefully it works. Starting at 10.30 and 11.30 with those forecasts is utterly ridiculous, they should be finishing up by then.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hopefully it works. Starting at 10.30 and 11.30 with those forecasts is utterly ridiculous, they should be finishing up by then.

Currently, no heat wave has been announced for Munich. And even at noon, the temperatures remain below 25 degrees. 

Emmanouilidou out due to injury. She was only going to be competing in our women's 4x100 team. Such a shame as I really thought we would make the final, but as always at least one of our best girls is injured so our relay team can never show their full potential :(

We don't have enough depth to make the final without her I fear...

Also Vasiliou out (400 and 4x400). This was supposed to be her last competition although she also said that at the World Indoors. Somehow I think we will see her until Paris 2024. It's a shame our 4x400 team will struggle without her, although ever since Belibasaki disappeared we had no chance of making the Olympics anyways.