website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Not me :p Brazil getting third and almost making the final was something i fully expected they could do at the beginning of the WC. Too many years of watching volleyball to know never to underestimate Brazil.

Brazilian fans on Twitter and Brazilian media really hate this coach and very few people had any faith in this team.

The fact that this team is currently having a hard time against Slovenia at the beginning of the first set is enough proof that people are right not to expect anything from them.

36 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Brazilian fans on Twitter and Brazilian media really hate this coach and very few people had any faith in this team.

The fact that this team is currently having a hard time against Slovenia at the beginning of the first set is enough proof that people are right not to expect anything from them.

Brazil never "cares" a lot for Bronze though (in previous cycle we lost bronze 2 times in VNL and of course in the Olympics). It's a bad mindset that only gold matters. Maybe this will change now since gold is really difficult to achieve with this team :p

Even if nobody likes him, I doubt CBV would fire Renan even if we were eliminated in QF.

Well, I predicted Poland would win as I guess most did, but I did also predict in some other thread that Italy would win gold in Paris with this strong new generation. Maybe their time has come even sooner than I thought.