website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, phelps said:

since we play the very last game of the prelims, I hope our staff can make a useful counting and let us end up in the right place in the final bracket...

I mean, we have to avoid places 4, 5 and 8 at any cost and hope that France and USA get one of those...

tbh, we need a lot of luck to get a medal, as POL, FRA and USA are definitely stronger than us...and I don't trust our team even playing against BRA and ARG...

we just need to avoid all of them until at least the semis...

If Serbia wins 3-0/1 vs Tunisia, Italy has the chance to send all the team you mentioned to the top half of the bracket and avoid them all...sadly I think we won't be smart enough to do that. 

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

If Serbia wins 3-0/1 vs Tunisia, Italy has the chance to send all the team you mentioned to the top half of the bracket and avoid them all...sadly I think we won't be smart enough to do that. 

I think Italy losing to China, which is easily the worst team in the competition, will be even worse than Brazil in 2010. :lol::lol: (Although Brazil managed to lose 3-0 to them this year).

4 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

I think Italy losing to China, which is easily the worst team in the competition, will be even worse than Brazil in 2010. :lol::lol: (Although Brazil managed to lose 3-0 to them this year).

we didn't make the rules...it's all FIVB's fault...

I hope we are not so stupid to think about honour and pride to come before our interest...

next time FIVB should think about some better format (which would be as simple as having a full draw after the group stage*, round of 16** and quarters*** instead of a precompiled one where the teams have a chance to choose at their own convenience)...

*take the 16 teams, separate them in 8 seeded and 8 unseeded teams and pair them, 1 vs 1

**take the 8 qualified teams and once again have them separated in 4 seeded and 4 unseeded and pair them, 1 vs 1

***again, 2 seeded and 2 unseeded teams according to the combined ranking of the first phase and pair them, 1 vs 1

no protection (nor chance to choose the opponent) for any team at any level (only the chance for the hosts to play at home if more Countries are involved)...

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Round of 16 

:POL v :TUN

:USA v :TUR

:SRB v :ARG

:BRA v :IRI

:SLO v :GER

:NED v :UKR

:ITA v :CUB

:FRA v :JPN

Should I read your post as a bracket, like the winners of each pair face each other in the QF? Or is there another confusing new draw?

1 hour ago, konig said:

What a disastrous performance of Argentina.........i will see the match with Serbia without expectatives.

If I had to pick ONE opponent from the top 8 for our team to play in this match (other than Netherlands) I'd have picked Serbia... but playing like they have played so far, with the ridiculous number of errors they give away every game, it'll be impossible to win.

So, I hope they take this full week before the match to find some spirit within them.