website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

I like Auderset, but I think Switzerland will likely give up his spot.

British women had a poor season. It's possible they failed to fulfill national criteria, but then again, GB withdrawing even one spot from skeleton would be weird and honestly surprising.

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

I like Auderset, but I think Switzerland will likely give up his spot.

British women had a poor season. It's possible they failed to fulfill national criteria, but then again, GB withdrawing even one spot from skeleton would be weird and honestly surprising.

I’d also put a question mark on Delka :PUR for now. In the past, Puerto Rico have rejected some quotas for the Winter Olympics, but I think the policy that guided those rejections has been amended. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Also apparently from the skeleton stream this morning, the commentators were saying that both Neise and Loelling failed to fulfill German qualification standards so I'm not too sure what's going to happen there.

Neise fulfilled the internal standards. The German skeleton federation will also propose Loelling for selection.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d also put a question mark on Delka :PUR for now. In the past, Puerto Rico have rejected some quotas for the Winter Olympics, but I think the policy that guided those rejections has been amended. 

If you can rustle up a few plane tickets for the Ministry of Sports you get a place.

52 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I remember reading a French NOC document and concluding that Bessard :FRA didn't meet the federation's requirements, so her spot would be reallocated. But now I can't find it. :mad:

SKELETON FEMME Les skeletoneuses devront obtenir un quota IBSF et au moins un des résultats suivants : - 2 classements dans les 12 premiers en Coupe du Monde 2020/2021 ou 2021/2022 sur 2 pistes différentes si le résultat est établi sur la même saison, - Classement dans les 12 premiers au Championnat du Monde Séniors 2021, - Classement dans les 10 premiers des Championnats d’Europe Séniors 2021, seront sélectionnables de manière nominative.

She has not met those requirements. But those are FFSG standards, not NOC ones. Winter sports in France are split between two federations : the FFS (snow sports) and the FFSG (ice sports) - also the FFHG (hockey) but they are not really Olympics-related (yet) :wacko:. FFSG is a mess and (kind of) a disgrace, since Albertville 1992 they've brought home 6 of the 83 WOG French medals. Despite being one of the few countries with a functional ice track, they're not able to field more than 1 skeleton athlete per sex, and this is recent. Also Bessard is the child of the track's technical manager, Defayet the child of a track's worker :lol:

In a word I don't see them rejecting this quota. She worked hard to get it and that's some free advertising for the sport/federation, "look we qualify an athlete in skeleton". SPOIL : they did not nothing for it. 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:11 AM, intoronto said:

Looks like the IBSF removed the top 60 or top 45 rules for Skeleton. This means :ISV is second in the women's reallocation list (likely first, because I doubt :SWE would accept a reallocate spot)

Apparently not, their official document states that only SWE is eligible for reallocation.  

On 1/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, LowerSaxony said:

Neise fulfilled the internal standards. The German skeleton federation will also propose Loelling for selection.

To be fair, it would be utter insanity if the Germans wouldn't select the full package of tickets they've got in any sliding sport...even if the season isn't always great in skeleton right now, they are absolutely always a gold medal threat.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, evil betty said:

Apparently not, their official document states that only SWE is eligible for reallocation.  

Absolutely ridiculous. The men are allowed to be in the top 60 but the women top 45 only? What kind of gender equality is this? I feel really bad for the :ISV athlete. Always being screwed by her governing body. @Olympian1010