website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

This will be hard to catch up for China!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm not watching this event right now, we are already out?

They almost lucked through, but the two Norwegians who did finish were too fast :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, Poland lost against Norway. 

Too bad, although I never expected a good result there.

Now I can in calm wait for women's 30km race in cc skiing where our two womens will close our participation at these Olympics.

25 minutes ago, NearPup said:

The USA commentator keeps insisting that :CAN won the Ro16 matchup and I find it really annoying.

(To clarify for the non-Americans, USA is a cable network)

They finally got it right without acknowledging their error.  Porino should be better than this. (And he can't keep Slovenia and Slovakia straight.)

Also, a nit that I've had throughout the Games - Yes, Wendy Holdener has never won a slalom, and they talk about what she is missing, but that can't seem to say it or don't know that Holdener has an Olympic gold medal from this event.  

12 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

They finally got it right without acknowledging their error.  Porino should be better than this. (And he can't keep Slovenia and Slovakia straight.)

Also, a nit that I've had throughout the Games - Yes, Wendy Holdener has never won a slalom, and they talk about what she is missing, but that can't seem to say it or don't know that Holdener has an Olympic gold medal from this event.  

It’s especially odd from him, since he provides commentary/analysis for two sports (Alpine Skiing, Cycling) where both countries have prominent, well-known athletes. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela