website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I dislike the Team Event so I wouldn't care if this gets cancelled. And it sure looks that way given the weather forecast for tomorrow.

Everyone is tied, give everyone gold medals that way :CHN can get it's first ever gold medal in alpine skiing :P

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Everyone is tied, give everyone gold medals that way :CHN can get it's first ever gold medal in alpine skiing :P

Would not be fair to Austria. They have a bye and are already in Quarterfinal, so they should have the gold, all others tied silver

2 hours ago, dcro said:

It's debatable whether this event deserves a place at the Olympics. IMO, it definitely does not deserve to be scheduled for the final, primetime weekend. That one must belong to slalom.

Still it is infinitely more deserving to be part of the olympic program than a nonsense event like mixed curling. At least it isn't the same as the other events just with one man and one woman. Also i think than most people would rather watch the team event than the combined.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

29 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Would not be fair to Austria. They have a bye and are already in Quarterfinal, so they should have the gold, all others tied silver

No, objectively Germany would deserve it the most. No other nation had more 4th places here.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.