website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Extremely unlucky draw for the german team. Sweden is probably a top 5 team, can't believe that they are only seeded 10th. I think Germany could have beaten every team except Switzerland/Austria.

Quarterfinals:

Austria vs. Slovenia/Canada

France/Czech Republic vs. Norway/Poland

Italy/Russia vs. Slovakia/USA

Germany/Sweden vs. Switzerland/China

Semifinals should be:

Austria vs. France/Norway

Italys vs. Switzerland

Can't believe what an easy draw Austria has. Germany probably would have made the final with a draw like that. The austrians should be ashamed if they don't win at least silver.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Extremely unlucky draw for the german team. Sweden is probably a top 5 team, can't believe that they are only seeded 10th. I think Germany could have beaten every team except Switzerland/Austria.

Quarterfinals:

Austria vs. Slovenia/Canada

France/Czech Republic vs. Norway/Poland

Italy/Russia vs. Slovakia/USA

Germany/Sweden vs. Switzerland/China

Semifinals should be:

Austria vs. France/Norway

Italys vs. Switzerland

Can't believe what an easy draw Austria has. Germany probably would have made the final with a draw like that. The austrians should be ashamed if they don't win at least silver.

Sweden doesn‘t have Sara Hector, so probably not that strong.

Wait, Great Britain has rejected its place in the mixed team event? I'm super shocked - we originally accepted it before the games, and are normally strong in parallel events (Ryding has a podium in parallel, Tilley & Guest normally make it to the last 16). We got to the quarterfinals last time in 2018, beating the USA and nearly beating Norway.

I don't think any of our four skiers are injured? Really disappointing, I'd hoped they could pull off a few surprises.

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

it's not a draw - Nations Cup standing determined the table.

Always thought that was a terrible way to determine the bracket in this event.

1 minute ago, hmc16 said:

Wait, Great Britain has rejected its place in the mixed team event? I'm super shocked - we originally accepted it before the games, and are normally strong in parallel events (Ryding has a podium in parallel, Tilley & Guest normally make it to the last 16). We got to the quarterfinals last time in 2018, beating the USA and nearly beating Norway.

I don't think any of our four skiers are injured? Really disappointing, I'd hoped they could pull off a few surprises.

That's a huge shame. :GBR legitimately was very much a medal contender in this event in 2018.

2 hours ago, hmc16 said:

I know that Alex Tilley was skiing on an ankle she broke in October, so I’m guessing that is it.  As you say, it was a legit medal chance for us with so many big names already back home.