website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Vektor said:

What's the forecast for tomorrow? The second training had a one hour delay, and now the third training was cancelled, so I am afraid about that I will wake up at 4am for nothing. 

Wind speeds will be 8-10kmph all day unlike today when it was in 20s..So u may just have the downhill. 

Ideally wake up and check if it's delayed go back to sleep :p

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

how they determine the order in Downhill (and Super-G) ?

I suppose top 20 from the ranking (which ranking?) are drawn randomly and from BIB 21 they will go based on their ranking , right ?

Top 10 Start List athletes pick a odd start number from 1 to 19, The second 10 athletes pick even start number from 2 to 20 in mode first one pick first, second choose second etc...

Then from number 21 the third top group draw numbers I do believe and from number 31 it is based on FIS points

28 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Top 10 Start List athletes pick a odd start number from 1 to 19, The second 10 athletes pick even start number from 2 to 20 in mode first one pick first, second choose second etc...

Then from number 21 the third top group draw numbers I do believe and from number 31 it is based on FIS points

thanks :yes I remember I read something like that long time, I just thought it's a different method now

and since you are too nice to answer the question :d what about the 1st run in Slalom, GS and AC ? the same format ?

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

thanks :yes I remember I read something like that long time, I just thought it's a different method now

and since you are too nice to answer the question :d what about the 1st run in Slalom, GS and AC ? the same format ?

SL & GS  have different system with the Top Start List group having only 7 athletes, they have day before a simple draw who will have start number 1 who 2 etc.. until 7

Then the second ranked start list group do the same for start numbers 8-15

From 16 to 22 the same for the 3rd ranked group and same for the last ranked group 23-30

From 31 it is again based in order according to FIS points

AC is a bit more complicated they use the AC start list ranking, but since there were basicaly any of them in the last years, I have right now no idea how they will proceed.