website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

So Ghana and Jamaica are likely out then ?

Honestly wouldn't mind Jamaican skier getting kicked out after all his bragging.

But will not happen. You can cheat and get away with it. Vanessa Mae set the precedent.

#banbestmen

Belgium suddenly refused a women's quota which got offered to Japan (TBC).

Few more withdrawals (for example from Germany and Sweden), and the reallocation system will just snap here. Some British skiers ranked #370 are already appearing on the wait list...

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/v2/quota/list/owg/al/2022

#banbestmen

Olympics without Goggia???!!!

I'm so disappointed.

From her instagram today:

"Se questo è il piano che Dio ha riservato per me, altro non posso fare che spalancare le braccia, accoglierlo e accettarlo.
E andare avanti."

"If this is the plan that God has reserved for me, I can only open my arms, welcome it and accept it. And go on."

13 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Olympics without Goggia???!!!

I'm so disappointed.

From her instagram today:

"Se questo è il piano che Dio ha riservato per me, altro non posso fare che spalancare le braccia, accoglierlo e accettarlo.
E andare avanti."

"If this is the plan that God has reserved for me, I can only open my arms, welcome it and accept it. And go on."

naaa...she was only referring to those who asked her why she wasn't skiing in a "conservative" way (like Gut and Shiffrin) in the last races...

she did reply that she can only ski in "her" way, always on the edge, at 100% and that she trusts God and accepts what she calls "his plans for me", whatever it happens...

she has already started all the treatments, trying to get ready in time for the Olympic downhill training runs...she doesn't give up so easily...;)

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Japan declined. Unique chance for Romania to enter two weekend-skiers now, since Caill appears to be absent for some reason.

Well Caill is not on the list for this Olympics because she has some “fights” with our President of the Ski federation Puiu Gaspar(the same president who says Edith Miklos is not good enough for Romania and she did not have any potential)

https://newsbeezer.com/romaniaeng/ania-caill-romanias-best-female-skier-was-not-included-in-the-list-for-the-winter-olympics/

here is the story.