website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Apparently Cyprus is yet to qualify in the women's events, as is San Marino, but they are desperately trying and somewhat succeeding at the Cypriot Championships also in Kolašin.

Time is running out though, and this is really a last ditch effort by :CYP:SMR to have more than just one male skier.

Cyprus famously had one skier in Pyeongchang who infamously DNF'd both events...

#banbestmen

Hello friends, does AJ Ginnis have any chance of winning a medal? Or at least being top 10? I think our highest ever placing in any winter Olympic event was 13th so it would be nice if he can break that record.

Fun Fact: He was actually born in Greece and lived in Greece until he was 12.

Happy New Year to all!

45 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Hello friends, does AJ Ginnis have any chance of winning a medal? Or at least being top 10? I think our highest ever placing in any winter Olympic event was 13th so it would be nice if he can break that record.

Happy New Year to all!

He won’t be going to the Olympics due to injury.

If he was healthy a top 10 would be possible.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

He won’t be going to the Olympics due to injury.

If he was healthy a top 10 would be possible.

With the race of his life, that is :p 

I mean, 36 World Cup starts. One 11th, one 26th place. A whopping 17 (!) DNF's, that's nearly half of all his World Cup races, all of them were in the first run. The other races are all DNQ's in the first run.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Happy New Year to all!

It is a Olympic alpine skiing so the favorites most of the time do not win medals :d Everything is possible, especially in slalom, but as was mentioned he will probably have to miss the games due injury

I think Mikaela will ride all 5 of them. She has said it too many times, just to backtrack in the end. Plus, NBC need a story to promote now ;) :d The good thing for her is that the GS and SL are the first ones and she can just relax through the rest afterwards. If the speed events were first, like usual, then she would probably have missed the DH to save energy.