website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The biathlon I watched didn't feel like Biathlon at all. If the right things are not told half of the interest is gone. I just hope the individual races will be nicer, Norway seem to be winning the rest of them with that ski speed. 

Is the skitime of the Norwegians that outstanding? Eckhoff was as fast as Herrmann, Oeberg and Simon on her lap. And also Roeiseland was not so dominatin, 13 seconds slower for example than the ladies from the second group and the course length was exactly the same.

In the men's race Johannes Bö was for example slower than Loginov and also Nawrath was only 8 seconds slower. Tarjej Bö for example was 20 seconds slower than Loginov.

I don't see any dominance there, especially since the four fastest Norwegians were skiing today and the rest tend to be a bit slower than the four. There is no gold preprogrammed, especially with that wind. 

Mixed Team Relay 4x6km
Final Results

:NOR  Norway
Marte Olsbu Roeiseland
Tiril Eckhoff
Tarjei Boe
Johannes Thingnes Boe
1:06:45.6 (3+13)

:FRA  France
Anais Chevalier-Bouchet
Julia Simon
Eilien Jacquelin
Quentin Fillon Maillet
+0.9 (3+11)

:ROC  ROC
Uliana Nigmatullina
Kristina Reztsova
Alexander Loginov
Eduard Latypov
+1.5 (1+13)

Full Final Result HERE

21 hours ago, NearPup said:

Is that official? Because Turin had both freestyle skiing and ski jumping under the lights. I am pretty sure the last Winter Olympics with no snow events under the lights was Salt Lake City.

no, there's nothing official...

but I'm pretty sure that Antholz won't build any artificial lights system...it's located in a valley with too strong environmental protection laws...

ski jumping probably will be under the floodlights, as the hill already have the artificial lights system...

I don't have any idea about Livigno and the freestyle events, as I've never seen a world cup event there (even if they have one of the most beautiful snowpark in the Alps)...

21 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, I recall the ski jumping and aerials under the lights in 2006. Italy is a country where they have that mid-day siesta period so they would be more destined to hosting more events at nights.

Hosting night events at SLC would be terrible for European audiences, I suspect in 2030 they will only host some US-strong freestyle events to ignore the European demands. But events like ski jumping will be held in local daylight to please the European market IMO.

the mid-day siesta is more a legend than reality these days...

and in any case, it's something typical of the extreme south of Italy...from Rome north, only 80+ years old people in the retirement houses might take one, surely not people going to school/work...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

the mid-day siesta is more a legend than reality these days...

and in any case, it's something typical of the extreme south of Italy...from Rome north, only 80+ years old people in the retirement houses might take one, surely not people going to school/work...

Honestly is a legend in the south too :p 

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wierer was very good in Antholz with good ski speed and shooting then today there's nothing of it at all. Perhaps she peaked early with her ski form same with Hana Sola who has gone downhill after Oberhof. 

no, Wierer's problem is the temperature...she's always had big troubles when the air goes down well below 0 (in Antholz it was way warmer than today)...

Ski Jumping, some Freestyle/Snowboard, Men‘s Slalom, Ski Mountaineering Sprint (probably), Luge/Bobsleigh and the indoor events will be probably in the evening, but definitely no Biathlon.

The weather at the day is also too good for races under floodlights. They could time it at 3pm, then it is primetime in Asia and in the morning in the US, so optimal.

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly is a legend in the south too :p 

I wrote that...nowadays basically only the older people might take a break after lunch, but those who have to work (or go to school) have a busy day from early morning to late afternoon (and someone even more)...