Totallympics

On 12/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, Swewi said:

New Swedish Team selection today:
Women: Anna Magnusson, Linn Persson, Elvira Öberg

Men: Peppe Femling, Jesper Nelin

Already selected:
Women: Hanna Öberg

Men: Sebastian Samuelsson, Martin Ponsilouma

2 more women and 1-2 men to be selected.

Stina Nilsson, the reigning olympic XC sprint champion was today given the fifth womens spot. Brorsson will most likely get the last one but Skottheim still has a small chance.

10 minutes ago, Belle said:

Hmm Nilsson ahead of Brorsson and Skottheim? Not sure if I like this decision. :mumble:

I know I don't :(

It's cool for Nilsson, but I had hoped for Brorsson and especially Skottheim. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know I don't :(

It's cool for Nilsson, but I had hoped for Brorsson and especially Skottheim. 

Think both Brorsson and Skottheim deserve it more than Nilsson. Now only one of them will be picked to the Olympics 

26 minutes ago, Belle said:

Think both Brorsson and Skottheim deserve it more than Nilsson. Now only one of them will be picked to the Olympics 

For me, Brorsson should go before her but Skottheim had a podium last season but Did nothing this season and Nilsson has a 10th place and could medal If she shoot 0 which she Will probably not do but more likely than Skottheim in the shape of this season.

15 hours ago, Swewi said:

For me, Brorsson should go before her but Skottheim had a podium last season but Did nothing this season and Nilsson has a 10th place and could medal If she shoot 0 which she Will probably not do but more likely than Skottheim in the shape of this season.

Skottheim also done nothing after her podium last season. She will never go to the Olympics. She is only nominated for the Mixed Relays in Oberhof not for the sprint. Mona Brorsson is at the Moment clear the 3rd best Sweden in the World Cup Tour (Persson missed 2 races) and after the two Oebergs the only one who have a direct qualification for the Mass Start. Brorsson have to go to the Olympics, without any discussions. 
It's basically a big question for me why Magnusson is already nominated but not Brorsson. Brorsson made top11 3x this season, while Magnusson was only 2x 12th. Especially since Magnusson has nothing to show in results last year. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, Swewi said:

Brorsson should be safe after the race today. At least Helena Ekholm thinks so too. Consider that Brorsson is still clearly the No. 3 in the team. Persson and Magnusson with very weak performances here in Oberhof. 
Nilsson with catastrophic standing shooting today, but Skottheim was not better yesterday. Strangely enough, she doesn't even run in the IBU Cup. For me, Nilsson and Brorsson are definitely the No. 5 and 6.